1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

5 month baby moving around in bed while sleeping

Discussion in 'Infants' started by preethakarthik, Nov 14, 2013.

1. preethakarthik

preethakarthik Senior IL'ite

Hi friends,

My 5 month old son started to roll around now and trying hard to crawl. Tries various techniques to move forward in day time. he tries the same technique while sleeping also. Do not how to stop him. From 2 am i will be awake to watch him and to put him back to sleep. Suggest me how to overcome this.

2. prashi

prashi Silver IL'ite

Dont stop him he is in learning stage, my advice put bed on floor and you and baby sleep on floor i think after 1 month he will be crawling.....

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Preetha, when ever they reach a milestone or about to reach one, they are at it day and night (sometimes much to our dismay). Do not try to stop him. Instead, what you can do is get some bedding which goes around the crib. That way, even if he comes too close to the railing, he still will not be hurt.

Edit: One word of caution, if you put the baby on floor now, take it in writing from me, transitioning him back to crib is extremely difficult. If you want him to continue in crib, bedding is your best bet (there are breathable one's available). But of course, you will need a fan or something for the air flow if you dont find anything breathable.

4. mercyagin

mercyagin Gold IL'ite

I agree with prashi. I had sold my bed before my baby started moving in sleep. Its easier on floor. No risk of getting hurt.

5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

i like to share my part of experience over here so everyone can be careful when baby start crawling... my baby was 7 months around and we use to make him sleep with us... he use to get up in the middle for milk that night too around 2 he woke up but went back to sleep right after that... in a minute or so i heard sound and me,my hubby woke up and i see my baby on the floor that minute my heart starts beating fast i was like crying and my husband took baby from the floor he was so fine as thou angels are holding and guiding him when he feel down he was crying and by seeing that i pass out.. my mom and my bros woke up and came i pass out on my moms shoulder they made me sleep and i was just asking for my baby... he was so fine i want him only with him but mom, hubby convence me that i relax and my mom took baby with her to sleep with her... next day i came to work i cant work my mind going different ways thinking the last night incident.... everyone in family telling baby is fine no need to see doctor but i was not comfortable i called the doctor got an appointment next day took him to doctor she was and say as long as he didnt vomit, no blood or no bumps he is fine..... whenever i think that incident i start shivering tears roll down even now if he fell down i get so tensed up... its better to be careful than feeling sorry later on.... so just take real care and keep baby safe..

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

floor is tile floor but the wonder is dresser is right there and baby didnt even get a scratch................... i really do believe that god is guiding there over the baby...

2 people like this.
  7. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

You seem to have a weak heart...my DS has fallen down like 10 times off the bed till now(hez 29 months old now) both on the carpet and hardwood floors and Ive never panicked as much as you did...it is natural for kids to keep falling...I would ask OP to have some carpet on the floor to avoid getting hurt...also when you use some padding on the crib, make sure they are breathable ones to avoid any chances of SIDS.

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

but deep down i got all this thinking going on i cant help myself getting over thru with the incident... if he is sleeping with me i make sure all the pillows, blankets are surrounded and we sleeping on the other side of the bed..sometimes my husband get upset when i gets up in the middle of the night looking for baby..

9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

carpet, hardwood i dont worry much... its a tile floor.. thatswhat i was worried...

10. preethakarthik

preethakarthik Senior IL'ite

Thank you moms...
    we both lie on the floor, i put pillows on three sides and i will sleep next to him. Leaving some space for him to move around.

2 people like this.