1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

5 lb New Year Eve Weight Loss Challenge - 6th Dec to 31st Dec

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Dec 2, 2010.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pooja n others,

Let me begin with giving this piece of info

1 kg = 2.2 lbs (appx)
    So, 5 lbs would be 2.2kgs appx

Since you have already lost 10kgs, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts now. On an average, we can lose 2 lbs per week, so aiming for 5 lbs is a realistic goal.

Pooja, if you cannot increase the time of your workout (i.e more time) then you have to aim to increase the intensity now. It is time now for you to sweat to see the results.

I relied on Leslie Sansone videos of walk at home to lose my last 10 pounds. You can make a pattern of 1 , 2 and 3 mile walk videos after b/fast,lunch and dinner. If you can walk only once in a day, then opt for
    3 mile walk everyday with some weight training.

This should go with a drastic change in diet from what you are currently following. You have to cut down on your carbs and include more soup,salad and fruits.

For this, if you make prior arrangements like cooking the soup in batches for 2-3 days, veggies cut, fruits stocked up, you can aim to lose the weight.

Try interesting salad recipes for dinner. Shiva has given moong dal salad recipe. In addition to this, you can find many on youtube.

Its all in the mind dear. If you plan it, you can achieve it.

2. ssumi

ssumi Silver IL'ite

Count me in also.....my current weight is 65 kgs on friday. Well I will try to lose 5 ld i.e around 2.2 kgs...so my target weight would be 62.5 kgs :) at 31st dec.

My best wishes to all who are participating in this thread.:thumbsup

Pman..thanks for accepting the request..you look wonderful in your pics...specially after weight loss :cheers

3. Thush

Thush Silver IL'ite

I relied on Leslie Sansone videos of walk at home to lose my last 10 pounds.

hi pman,
    u lost 1o pounds by doing walk videos??how did u do? 1, 2 , 3 mile walk in one set???....
    thanks
    Thush

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  4. Thush

Thush Silver IL'ite

hi pman...

i am in to this WLC......my start weight 63.10

thanks
    Thush

5. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Dear Pman,

Thanks for this challenge. Please count me in.

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Thush,

We have all the 3 videos free in cable tv (in US here). It was hard to lose the last 10 pounds. I wanted to lose it comfortably at home as going to gym was getting hectic to me at that time due to some commitments at home. So, I varied b/w the 2 videos - 2mile and 1 mile - twice in a day and sometimes just the 3mile walk with some ab crunches. It takes 15,30 and 45 mins respectively for the videos. I used to opt mostly 2mile walk after my b/fast as energy level is peak during day time and 1 mile after dinner.
    You can find the videos here:
    Walking Videos, Lose Weight From Walking - ExerciseTV

Note that any exercise has to be accompanied by a low calorie diet to result in weight loss.

7. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi Pman,

I have registered in 2 weight loss challenge and could not follow due to my official work. For this i can also join.

Please count me in.

I m now 80kg. Please provide some additional tips to weight lose faster.
    Thanks for your call and nice start up before new year.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

I have listed all the tips which worked out for me in this link below:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/111567-weight-loss-tips-worked-me.html

Start with baby steps and realistic goals. Watch your diet and cut down on carbs and fried items and eat light for dinner. Include exercise in your daily routine.

If you post your sample diet, we can take it further.
    Good luck.

9. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Pman,

You are right. I have lost my most of weight because of leslie's 2miles workout. When I have a holiday like weekend or so I do it twice.

Now my exercise is like 2 miles leslie, 8 mins dance fitness by paul, 5 mins of aerobics so any total 40mins cardio workout and 10-15 mins weight.

Hope I will soon start working on ET. ANd it will be more effective that this cardio workout.

Regarding diet. I have changed my dinner from last week. I am taking mainly soup,salad, daal etc. and having carbs that is 2 small without oil chapatis in the lunch time.

So lets C how it effects my weight loss.

I am already feeling light from previous week. So I am thinking may be my weight has come down. WIll check on Monday and will update you .

Thanks,

10. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Pooja, dont forget to include fruits and lots of water in your daily routine dear.