4D ultrasound scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by maha, Dec 23, 2007.

1. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Recently i came to know about the 4D ultrasound scan for the foetus...has anyone done this ?.. as far as i know, its a scan that shows detailed pictures of the baby..

In hospitals , if we need this scan , we need to pay for it and get this done..They store all the baby's movements (like when the baby is moving, sleeping, smiling, when it is sad, happy, dancing, singing , etc..) in the form of a DVD and give it to us..

So if someone has experienced do let us know more of this..

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi maha,

Even I have heard of this scan and I guess in UK it costs somewhere around 200 pounds or something. Its supposed to capture the baby's facial expressions also. ut being an expensive, suppose not many people go for it unless there is a need for it. I can understand and share the emotions behind the wait to see the little one.

3. momtobe

momtobe New IL'ite

Hi Maha,

3D and 4D scans are usually anomaly scans. I had a 3D scan at 20 weeks and it was really a wonderful feeling to see my little one moving, kicking et al. We paid 4000 rs. for it but it was worth it. :2thumbsup:

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

hi maha, i have one scheduled end jan (3d). i'm not sure if in germany they do it if one asks for it. my doctor has referred me coz i've a risk factor. will add my experience to this thread in a month's time:)

5. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Maha,

In the hospital where I consult, only the 3D scan is offered as part of the regular check-up scan and only this is covered by the insurance. They do have the facility to do 4D scan too, but as 4D scan is not covered by insurance and as its relatively expensive to pay the full charges out of pocket, many people take the 3D scan only.

Take Care.

6. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi pavithra, mom to be, latha and geetha,

Thanks for your responses and sorry for my delayed reply...two days back, I had sudden increase in BP and decrease in sugar levels..so i had trouble breathing and was literally very weak and shaky,..Since my doctor was not available, i was taken to a nearby hospital....now i am alright...

In dubai , the cost of 4D scans is 700 dirhams...They record the baby's movements in video and stills format and give it to us as a DVD...Since the day my hubby said this, even i am excited abt this, but since we are brought up in a tradition where our elders buy even baby's things only after the baby is born, i am scared ...Is taking these types of scans a kind of deviation from our traditional values ?.. Dont know if i sound silly, but i dont mind , since its concerned with the baby....

Take Care friends...

keep munching healthy food ...

7. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi maha,'

Take care of your health and hope your BP and sugar levels are normal now. Do take care.

I agree with you that even at my place, buying baby clothes anything is not allowed before the baby is born. Though its very exciting for us, at the same time, what elders say also make sense. Even I am in the same kind of situation. I didnt actually never think of a 4d scan, I just wanted a scan to see if the baby is alright and also to plan if I have to buy in pink or blue. I am crazy about colors, decorating the house etc... so its kind of exciting for us.

8. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi maha
    I had a 4d scan when i was pregnant..It was taken in madurai,TN...It was such a wonderful experience to see the baby in the womb thro 4d...

Cheers
    Ramya

9. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

Surprised to know that 4D scans are available in madurai ...How much did it cost you?.. Did they give u in the form of a DVD ?..Sure u must have been thrilled by seeing ur little one , even before its arrival know ?.. :party

How old is ur baby now?.. I am not sure whether i will go for it or not ...:confused:

anyway, thanks for sharing the info.

10. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi maha
    I forgot the name of the lab...My dh's aunt is a reputed gynaec in Madurai and she took me to one of her friend's lab..since he was her friend he didnt charge us but i guess it will cost aroung 4000..it happened 5 yrs ago...
    They didnt give us any dvd...Since my dh was outside he was watching our baby on TV ..Isnt it such a gud idea to telecast the entir scan thro TV??

Cheers
    Ramya