1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3yr old daughter's behaviour problem

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ruchvarsh, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hello Sunitha,

These days white sugar comsumption is becoming a big issue in children's diet. From personal experience- we had a Nepali friend whose three year old son was so naughty, that I used to quiver every time he came home. His noise levels and mischief reached massive levels, that some Norwegian neighbours reported the family to child services to investigate possible abuse. The child psychologist who counselled the family prescribed a cut in white sugar and fizzy drinks. Within a month, the child calmed down.

One tsp sugar with milk and one small chocolate sounds fine. This sugar reduction while generally good for everyone, is for children who take a lot of sugar. In my case, I was becoming very irritable and snappy. My husband asked me to try two weeks with no sugar at all- and I became an angel. I stick to that now and my temprement has improved.

I am sure dieticians here like Vandhana and Sathya will have better points on this.

Give the teletubby a hug from me!

regards
    Vidya

2. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sunita,

Thank you for your mail. First of all I am Sumathi not SundariJ Coming to our point, ‘to reduce sugar for the child’. I am not telling that all children should reduce sugar intake. When a child is behaving abnormally, to control that child we have to reduce the intake of sugar of that child. This will work. I am sure about this.

It is a medicine we can not apply this to all. For example, my son used to drink lot of cold water and no problem with him. But my brother in law’s daughter (she is just 3 months elder to my son) can’t take even a glass of chill water even she loves to take it. Because immediately, she will catch cold. My brother in law and his wife also drink normal water and they will not keep water bottle in the fridge at all. Same thing applies for chocolate too. When ever she takes a chocolate bar, she will suffer with cold and cough. But my son <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Krishna</st1:place> used to take chocolates with out any problem. Like that it varies from child to child. Ok?

Another thing, you told correctly, we can’t make the kid to sit with us and talk to them. But I asked Ruch, to talk with her child ‘even after she slept.’ Really this will work. You can see the difference in the morning itself. I used to talk with my son, from my pregnancy time. Yes I am telling the truth. We know about the grate man ‘ Abhimanu’. Like that, we can start talk with our child. They can hear us. Generally our elders ask us to hear some good ‘slogams’ and ask us to attend some ‘Upanyasams’during pregnancy time. When this is possible why don’t you try this? (Talking with your sleeping child?) Definitely it will work.

You can do what ever you want from your child. Now a days we want to have one or two children only. So why don’t we make them as good as we can. It is going to be good for our future and as well as the country’s future? Is it not? What do you say?

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ruch,

1. Since your child goes to school she may spend only a few hours with you before your husband comes from office. During this time you observe your interaction with your child. Are both of you jointly doing something? like home work or enjoying tv, playing with her small games etc .. She may not have friends in the school due to language problem and so you are her best friend. Initially it will be difficult for you to go to her level for playing; but this will greatly help you in training her to see some defeat in games and to avoid a feeling always she should win. This will give her good wisdom at later date.
    2. Ask your child her entire experience in the school and calmly listen. This is very important. Any depression in school you can understand and support her. She should feel that she can share everything with you. Treat her like your friend and correct mistakes by examples without shouting or beating. And never compare with other child's in any good qualities including getting good marks. You should tell her various requirements as your aspirations that you expect from her.
    3. Enjoy movieswith her. You can see movies like Hanuman, Krishna .

4. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Oops,sorry about that!

5. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

hi sumathi and all the ladies helping me,

i will definately try all the solutions as much as possible.

i will talk to her school teacher also.

thankx once again
    bye

6. kvds

kvds New IL'ite

Hello Keerthana,

Are u still staying in Yokohama ?

Cheers,
    Divya!