1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3girls And Nasty Comments.. Help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by rizi, Oct 8, 2016.

1. rizi

rizi Junior IL'ite

hello everyone
    i would like some advise from you lovely ladies here...i have 3 lovely girls, each time in a family function , friends gathering etc etc..people give me a weird look, older women say ' ohhh poor you, god will give you a son next time,bla bla. some give me sarcastic looks, hurtful comments, etc.. me and hubby are very proud of our girls, they are well mannered class toppers etc, family and friends get very impressed by them, and some even get jealous. ( i am not boasting) . my question is how do I answer these people, or do i have to just ignore them .i feel the sociecty has become soo corrupt we cant even choose how many kids we want, and they blame the god for giving us girls.
    thank you

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

You don't have to ignore their comments. Answer them back saying you & your DH are proud of your girls and thankful to God for giving only girls to you.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Where are you located?Who are making those comments?
    I personally feel you should not even care! Infact,I have a daughter am so proud of her.infact am jealous of you coz you have three girls!!r u kidding me?u r damn lucky!three besties for life!!
    Ok may god protect you from my
    Evil eye ha ha just kidding.
    I have a cousin who was damn jealous coz I got a girl and she literally prayed god day and night and got one!lot of men prefer girl babies.ask most men!they want a girl!

So quit caring.u r lucky period.

sindmani, dc24, vrikshakadali and 2 others like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Combat it with attitude whoever they are. Use your facial expressions - give a blank look and say, "what nonsense!" Or "how ridiculous" or "how old fashioned" and with a very dismissive voice say, "we are absolutely happy with out lovely girls and our family is complete." then change the topic.

Cut them out immediately and consistently. They will learn to back off from you. I've done it even with 85 year old grandmas and all. I make it clear their comments are unwelcome and they learn to hold their tongue.

coffeecups, sindmani, dc24 and 8 others like this.
  5. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Three kids and lovely little girls - you're lucky !! :) It's a lovely family you've got.

sindmani and vaidehi71 like this.
  6. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

These comments mostly come from ladies only. I wonder how come they pass such comments like oh only daughters, no sons! Why? These women also are daughters to their respective parents.

sindmani likes this.
  7. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

Hai rizi, In my opinion blessed are those who are blessed with girl babies!
    don't heed to those who
    What are their achievements having begot boys? Girls outshine boys in every field. So, walk proudly with your girls.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Say: "I'm sorry your parents made you feel like a second class citizen. I hope we do better for our kids."

sindmani, Sparkle, radv and 6 others like this.
  9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

As youngest among 5 girls, I grew up listening to these comments. My blood boils every time I hear this. Unfortunately, even today people feel that giving birth to a male child is a major accomplishment.
    OP, start reacting, don't listen to non- sense. I loved Amyra's reply.
    Enjoy your life.
    (No offence to other posters but I don't think that having kids of one or the other gender make us lucky. We are lucky to be parents, to be able to see them grow, girl or a boy doesn't matter). I feel I will do disservice to my son if I say that I am lucky because I have a daughter. No, I am blessed to have both of them and love them equally.

10. coolmum

coolmum Silver IL'ite

Me grown up as the eldest of 3 girls, heard lots of comments like this. Even my mum was not treated well by our relatives. I can understand your pain. But I couldn't believe even in this 21st century people are behaving like this.
    You are blessed with girls. They are the angels sent by God. Don't get frustrated because of those uncivilised people. Sure you will be proud of your Girls

sindmani likes this.