1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

????

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 5, 2022.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

As we all know IL is of the ladies, by the ladies and for the ladies, and for a change they have allowed men to cook the broth. Sometimes I feel like entering their domain, KITCHEN, but do not know-how. Which particular section has a place for men, except snippet?
    My wife always questions me what am I doing here?

Amica and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:My spice sorry my spouse too!
    If you are “at home” in your kitchen since marriage or and after retirement, you must have gathered enough nitty-gritty of kitchen occupation in collaboration with or without spouse.

A couple of your experience seriou and or hilarious can find place in the topical forum sub forum Food. It can be anything from sink to sambar, from frying pan to fire! Share your expertise.
    Looking forward to “ HARI spicy-foods ltd”.

You can perhaps begin with kitchen cap & apron!

In case you are in the process of picking up know-how for managing in kitchen and makingsouth Indian uppuma, u r welcome to the link
    Spouse, Sambandhi & Uppuma

Why the question mark chosen as title for this thread?
    ¿¿¿¿

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    HariLakhera, Amica and messedup like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:Hi @messedup thanks for being here to Hari Sir’s thread. Thanks also for a like to my response here #2 . After your clicking like, I had edited that response & therefore .....

Sure you are Taking suitable measures to escape from prevailing dry summer 37° C heat. Trust family members all ok.
    Regards.
    God bless.

messedup and Amica like this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Just about every section welcomes respectful responses regardless of gender. Men often bring a different, interesting and helpful perspective to IL discussions. Looking forward to reading your responses in other sections. :)

5. HariLakhera

My pleasure.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

??? was chosen to attract attention. But it has not worked so far, considering the feedback.
    I was not allowed to enter the kitchen because I mess it up, as per my other half, and the other- half is always right.
    Now I have improved a bit, as per the other - half and other- half is always right. I make my own tea and coffee in that order only. Any change needs prior permission.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hari Sir,

I post mostly in whatever section, I feel I can add value or give a suggestion. How we phrase our answers in a dignified manner is important so that it doesn't offend anyone including the original poster. Some areas in IL I consider as not for men that include personal hygiene, women-related health issues, delivery related questions, feeding the infants, etc. Unless one is a medical professional, men has no value to add here. Besides, questions here are generally intended for other women. Even men has knowledge due to their spouses experiences, it is best not to be part of it. Leaving women to have privacy in this forum is extremely critical. Especially, when a woman is asking questions about issue of intimacy, husband's indifference with the spouse in a private room, etc., she may genuinely asking such questions to find a solution to fix her married life. Ridiculing comments, trolling, sending private messages, judging them for sharing this in IL, etc. are to be strictly avoided.

When I post here, I have something called winnowing test. I always assume if my wife reads my posts, she should feel proud of me rather than thinking what a jerk I am married too. Let all the chaff be removed before posting anything here and let the content reflect the best character and be of great use to the women in this forum. Even if a joke has to be posted, one needs to spend time to see whether it would be hurtful to anyone here in IL.

8. HariLakhera

Dear Shri Viswa,
    Thanks for elaborating. This is one reason, I do not visit any other post in IL except snippets. Most of the subjects are sensitive and pertain to women. I am happy that females in this forum can openly discuss these subjects knowing fully well that there are some male members reading. In some way, it should help to understand women but I hold that urge.