30 Weeks Pregnant - one concern

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by dsrini, Mar 7, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sihi

I had my delivery in India and contrary to beliefs,it is not always that doctors go a C-section in India.In some cases, the parents themselves tell the doctors to do a C-section whether it is required or not.My son was 1 month premature and the hospital I went to(Sundaram Medical Foundation in Anna Nagar) is one of the best in Chennai.Here,the doctors are very particular about a normal delivery and they do C-section only if it is really required.For me,they tried to induce labour on Thursday morning,nothing happened,again Thursday afternoon,again no good,again at night.Finally,the contractions started from 9 pm in the night and my son was born early in the morning,normal delivery.My inlaws tried to tell the doctor to get the baby delivered on Friday itself(since it is auspicious!) or to deliver only on Sunday,it should not happen on Saturday.Well,the doctor gave them a piece of her mind,that's it!

That is what happens mostly in India-child should be born at an auspicious time-so do C-section,and many doctors just comply to that request! But not all doctors are like that,as is clear from my case.The earlier doctor I went to was very orthodox in her beliefs but if I had continued with her,I would have ended in a C-section.

2. careerminded

careerminded New IL'ite

Thanks, Vandana and Sihi. That was really reassuring.

3. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

dear careerminded,
    at this point of time i dont think you should worry about normal or c-sec.....just be relaxed&happy....everything will be fine......now a days c-sec is very common.....i had a horrifying experience!!!i was in labour for mare than a day......got admitted in the morning due to leak in water bag...and since my contractions were'nt strong they kept on giving me pitocin&keapt on increasing the dose....i kept bearing the pain till late in the evening(which i can not even imagine now)then first they gave me fatanol.....that just made me drowzy......then finally i opted for an epidural....but guess what the epidural wore of in an hr!!!so they gave me another epidural......by that time it had become morning.....i was 10 cm dielated....so they asked me to push......so i pushed&pushed&pushed!!!for 3 hrs!!!!!then finally i just cudnt do anymore.....so they did a c-section......my baby was 7lb&14 ounces.....but i didnt have much help......so after coming back from hospital itself i started loading the dishwasher&stuff.....within 2 weeks i was doing a lot of work ...and after a month i was doing everything!!by my story i am not trying to scare you but all am saying is during that time God will give you the strength to do everything!!!so dont worry&be brave.once you see your baby's face am sure nothing else will matter.