30 week 2 days:baby still in breech position

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by newlife2010, Mar 4, 2010.

1. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

today my doc was a little surprised to see that the baby is still in breech position.he came into the room and looked at my chart even before checking for the position and heart beat etc. and his immediate reaction is, you had your last ob gyn check at 28 week 2 days, baby was still in breech position...huh!!! he made a face as if that is not how it is supposed to be and today after checking , he said , the baby is still breech, you may have a c-sec.his reaction was like this is kinna unlikely thing at this stage. I asked him when he can get a confirmed hint that a c-sec is required(I so not want to go through c-sec as my DH has to travel a lot for work and i have no relative coming for me).The doc said may be after 37 week.I read on the internet that babys change their positions and flip a lot, so 30.2 week , I should not worry about position immediately,but my doc s reaction is freaking me out.is it really unusual? please share your experience and give me some tips about exercise or anything else that I can do to help baby get flipped to head down?
    thanks all so much.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I am suprised too at your doctor's surprise.. I remember reading during college that baby's position is best known after 35 weeks..

My gynec told me the same thing.. Sometimes my baby is heads up and sometimes heads down.. I am done with 30 weeks this weekend.. She told me not to bother about it till I was over 35 weeks.. She will let me know, if I have to think about the breech she said.

Just relax.. wait till you are 35+ weeks.. I guess, your doctor just
    ' expected ' and so, reacted so.. when he was going to be sure only after 35 weeks.. wonder why he had to react so and get you paranoid. Maybe he didnt think you would too. Just relax.

3. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I also know that baby's postion changes only in week 34 or 35 so dont worry.

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Even I second Preethi. Before term, which is defined as 37 weeks, it doesn't matter if the baby is breech, as there is always a good chance that she will turn spontaneously. Some babies do turn by themselves after this time, but it is much less likely, and some preparations should be made to decide how delivery is going to take place.

5. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Dnt worry baby will come down soon........ My frnd who gave birth last week was having a breech baby till 36 weeks, and at 37th week the baby turned and the head came down, she delivered a healthy girl baby normal. Babys keep moving so when the time is right they will defo change position.:)

6. kutty0216

kutty0216 Senior IL'ite

Don't worry much. I am 32 weeks now and when asked about the position of the baby, my doctor told me not to think of it until 36 weeks. Until 36 weeks baby will keep on changing positions it seems. So don't stress much regarding this. All the best and take care.

7. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Don't worry.You have some more time.Keep cool.