1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 yr old not taking milk

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Ponraj12345, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Ponraj12345

Ponraj12345 New IL'ite

Hello Moms,

My daughter who's 3 years old does not take milk well. Morning I need to forcibly feed 100 ml milk with cereals (flakes or rice krispies). She never likes this and ends up throwing or wasting the milk offered. Evening I used to give her a slice of cheese and 100 ml yoghurt before bed. I tried Milo, Bournvita, Pediasure, Horlicks and none of them worked. None of the milk shakes or juices work with her. Please advice me what I should do. And nowadays she's losing interest with the yoghurt too.

Thanks,

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ponraj,

I have the same problem with my 3 yr old. Refuses to drink milk. He may have about 1/2 glass once a week. Please don't force your daughter to have milk or anything she does not like. Kids go through phases when it comes to eating.
    Instead try to get the milk into her in other forms.I typically get his Calcium intake done by gving him fruit flavored yogurt, grilled cheese sandwhich, mac and cheese, paneer, the instant pudding ( chocolate flavor) , and ofcourse plain yogurt.
    If your daughter is not taking cheesee, try it the form of pakodas, or some other dish. As for yogurt, may be she does not like the plainyogurt, so try the fruit ones.
    Also get some mulitvit tablets( the chewable ones) and give it to her. I am sure she will get over this phase soon. Just don't force her to eat or drink anything she does not like, just complicates matters more.

Vandhana

3. Ponraj12345

Ponraj12345 New IL'ite

Thanks for your advice Vandhana. Will try the things mentioned by you with my daughter.

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ponraj,
    I had a similar problem with my 3 year old girl. My pediatrician suggested that I take 1/2 cup milk ,1/2 banana or 1/2 cup strawberry and a scoop of vanilla icecream give it a beat in the blender and serve chilled or as is. My daughter would drink it with no complaint. I am just sharing my experience. Hope this helps.Good luck. They quickly come out of this food strikes.
    Love,