#3 - Introduce IL to a mailing list / any social networking group that you belong to

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We all belong to several mailing lists. For example, my husband belongs to an informal mailing list within his company for employees from India. I belong to the mailing lists of two of the local temples. I also belong to the mailing lists of Austin Tamil Sangam and also Austin Indian Association. A neighbour of mine belong to the mailing list of a local Hindi school. The more things you are involved in, the more mailing lists you will be part of.

Some of you might also be part of many social networking groups for Indian Ladies or Indians in particular run as Yahoo / MSN / Google groups or as communities in Orkut, etc.

These mailing lists / groups are great sources to reach Indian Ladies. You can request the owners of these mailing lists / groups to allow you to send a mail about IL to the list. Tell them that you have greatly benefited by being part of IL and want other members of the list to get the same benefit. Most of them would be happy to oblige.

Now, how many mailing lists/groups are you part of? To how many mailing lists / groups did you send the message about IL? Update it here.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007

2. Sumathy

Sumathy Senior IL'ite

Re: #3 - Introduce IL to a mailing list that you belong to

Hi,

I have been in this community for a few months. Though present in the 'VIRTUAL' world, the USP of this site is that it is as 'REAL' as it can get, to its members!

I have been thinking of doing this but seeing this mail has made me execute it immediately. I have recommended IL to our group - bangalore parents group in yahoo groups. I am convinced that it is a great reference for my friends there.

I take the opportunity to applaud the founders and other IL members for growing it so big without sacrificing on its values. Way to go !!

Cheers,

Sumathy

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sumathy, Thanks for all the positive words about the site. As you rightly said, we want this virtual world to be as real as possible to all the members here.

Thanks for forwarding information about IL to the Bangalore parents group. It is very much appreciated.

Are there any other mail groups that you are part of? for a local temple or association or work related ones? Also, please use the Tell-A-Friend on the top right to send a message to all your friends about IL. Every such act counts towards our growth. Thanks Sumathy.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I am the moderator of "spirituality and religion" sub-forum of our I L forum, as you are all aware. Here we discuss several things of interest to women in the area of spirituality and religion. I would like to request your help in mentioning about this in any temple in your city. This will be a discussion resource to all devotees. You can help us in one of the several
    ways..
    1 - Help with getting a link from your local temple website
    2 - Put up an IL flyer in your local temple notice board or
    3 - co-ordinate with the temple authorities to send an email about IL to the temple email distribution list.
    I am sure, you will all come forward & set the ball rolling ! You can PM me, in case you need more information.
    Thanks for your support.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007