1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 IDIOTS - The most intelligent film in recent times !!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sabitha_K, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

There was anticipation , high-expectations , box-office betting when the duo Hirani and Vidhu declared that 3 idiots will be released for Christmas.Will they be able to cast their magical spell again after Munna Bhai series ?

On the onset , where mega-budget movies with extravangant dance and song sequence in exotic locations are the staple for Christmas releases, 3 idiots turns out to be a pleasant surprise.You are transfixed right from the minute the AIR-INDIA flight takes off in the opening scene and free your seat beat from the chair only when the credits appear at the end.I would be surprised if any one would leave the theater with only a nice feeling of just watching a good movie.It is more than that ! You would question one major decision you made years back which will haunt you till you arrive home.

You are introduced to the college campus welcoming younsters with big dreams and even bigger ambitions.Rancho [Aamir] makes an impressive entry , the kind educational instituitions stamp as rogue students because they have free-will and are not shackled.Nevertheless, Aamir befriends his skeptical roommates, and college is never going to be the same again for anyone who crosses the path of Rancho in the corridors of campus.Aamir , Sharman and Madhavan forge an impregnable triumvirate during the four years of their engineering.Some of the practical jokes in college campus are rib-tickling and cheek-reddening.Your ride hits turbulence right before the interval when you are flown into mysterious terrritories, tantalizing you with the mystery element in the movie after treating you with merriment.The second half is a bumpy ride on the roads of Shimla and Laddakh where you unravel the truth about Rancho.

The jaw-dropping youthfulness of Aamir ,cuteness of Sharman and machoness of madhavan is a delight to watch.Kareena for a change does a sensible role and looks very pretty even with clothes decking from neck to toe :crazy.Boman Irani has clinched the role of bumbling professor in bollywood.I liked him better in Munna Bhai and wish he was less artificial in this movie :-(.Overall, a lovely modern day tale of youth , romance and their aspirations.

Every now and then, great film-makers come with a brilliant subject and deliver to the audience as a package wrapped in stunning scenes , laudable dialogues and amazing hilarity.This movie delivered in one such insightful wrapping is the best Christmas gift I could have asked for from the Indian film fraternity.Wonderful film and yeah coming back to the haunting question ; I don't have to mention it here, you would know by the time you are woken up from this nostalgic trip to your college life.Enjoy the film !

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

Similar Threads
    1. jayasala42
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kamalji
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. anugamit
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Sabi,

After reading your reviews, I can't wait to watch the movie.

3. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Nice Review Sabi :)

4. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

Hi
    Watched 3 idiots today and I should say Aamir Khan has proved it that he is a man of excellence. This movie is a must watch film not just for Aamir but the other characters in the film too. Each and every character in the film has done a justice to their roles.
    fantastic movie...............go for it.............Hope we realise and stop pressurising our kids to fulfil our ego and aspirations.

5. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I watched the movie and must say it was the best movie of 2009. Every actor did a wonderful job. I am telling all my friends to watch it.

6. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

really a good movie and will give you a feeling that you are watching Munnabhai 3....

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful movie!! After long time....got to see a movie that made some sense.....really hillarious yet conveyed the message....all through the movie we were laughing crazily:biglaugh:rotfl

Watch the movie!! dont miss it

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey all, i too seriously recommend the movie...a laughing riot and we enjoyed it very much..inspired by chetan bhagats five point programme but different too...makes you want to go back to college:)

9. desidiva

desidiva New IL'ite

I am not a movie person and usually don't go to a theater to watch one but when I saw the first promo, I told my husband I wanted to watch this in the theater and he was very much surprised.

It was a very wise decision I must say and to describe how good it felt, I wanted to go back the next day to watch it again IN the theater!! My favorite was the speach that was altered and delivered. The other thing I liked was the locations selected...instead of going to out of country to over rated places, they went to Himachal Pradesh and Tibet. Really awesome scenary. Love love love the song "Behati hava saath aavo..." and the same tune playing in the background throughout the movie. It was really a nice touch when they started playing the one liner "Pyaar Humara tha voh..." in some of the emotional scenes. I think all the actors did really well even Kareena but felt they would have done better with Vidhya Balan or even Priyanka Chopra. It's a shame it was such a short movie...you just want it to last forever like your favorite piece of candy!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

All,
    Yesterday I made it to watch 3 Idiots at PVR. But One of my biggest qualms before watching movie was how the director could hope to get away with casting middle aged men as college going boys. That apprehension disappeared within the first 15 minutes of the film, all the three played so convncingly and the film starts extremely well. Hirani infuses the first half of this film with his trademark sense of everyday humour and shapes up his characters with so much affection, that you are sucked into the story. The first half of the film is mostly brilliant, with some funny and poignant moments.
    Watch out for the teacher’s day speech and the visit to Raju’s house, both of which provide great humour. However, the second half loses its easy, understated feel and becomes too overbearing. There are one too many dramatic scenes, and too many incidents, many of which reduce the effectiveness of the film.
    Also, the climax seems a little forced and convoluted, not what one would have expected from Hirani.
    Last but not least, It doesn’t have the punch that the Munnabhai films had, but it does feel really good. You could even forgive the unnecessary drama in the film because it is done so honestly.
    Out and out we can watch Aamir khan's histirionic performance.
    On a whole, no doubt its a must watch while entering into decadender.