25mm Cyst, Currently On Clomid

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Nov 5, 2016.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I had my failed iui last month. Doctor told to do one more iui with high dose of hcg. Before giving me clomid 100mg, she couldn't do a baseline scan for some reason. Today on cd7, she saw a cyst of 25mm size in right ovary and a 6mm follicle in left ovary. I am scared !!!. Don't know if the cyst will grow further. Doc has called me on cd 10 to check it again. Can we go for iui even if cyst stays?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016

2. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Hi msms

My advice is to stay away with iui- this cycle.... I had done iui with cyst one side n good follicles in another side with failure... Once I did puncture of cyst during iui n processed with failure again... I heard doctors find difficult on finding different between it is cyst or follicles as cycle day increase... My suggestion is to take medication to suppress cyst n start fresh cycle... I am in same boat like u... But no choice to go with bcp... Take ur doctor opinion..

3. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks @vanicha for your input.
    Since it was cd 7, 25mm follicle can not be there, so she told its a cyst. I already took clomid without knowing about this cyst..:(. Will see on tuesday if it grows or disapear.

4. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

mmm...will see on tuesday..my doctor use to say me if cyst goes below 10mm she will do iui....she did it once....but failed...so i feel to have a clean cycle as we are paying emotionally n financially......good luck...will decide after next scan...

5. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

My cyst has grown further..:(
    It is now 41x34mm ...i am really scared..:(.
    Doc told me it should go away on its own, so no treatment this cycle.
    This cyst is very scary..i read if it grows further, surgical intervention is required. Is that true? Anybody faced this problem?????

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Don't know !! I will pray for you . Hope it's not dangerous ... stay away from Google and trust your doctor !

msms likes this.
  7. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@msms

I have read in this forum that figs are good to fight cysts.Not sure. But please check. I will pray that this break does you good. All the best

msms likes this.
  8. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Ashima, I also hope its not dangerous. I have stopped reading on google, it either gives horror stories to scare you or too many miraculous stories. I don't want to think about both.
    How are you doing? I hope your spotting problem is resolved now. Good luck for your pregnancy journey. You and your little bean are in my prayers:)
    Thanks a lot @teejay I had also read that fig is good for uterus health, but dint know that its good for removal of cyst also. I eat one fig daily. I don't know how much is good. May be i will have 2-3 in a day, will that be ok?
    Thanks for your prayers. I really need them to reach out there to god. Hope he will listen and answer soon.

ashima10 likes this.
  9. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

Not sure @msms. I saw it being discussed in a very old thread. read it a while ago

msms likes this.
  10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Msms,
    Most cysts goes away on its own, some with tablets itself. Let's hope your cyst will reduce on its own soon.
    You can consume 2-3 figs. No issues with that. I take 2-3 figs almost each day. It helps with iron levels too I think.

msms likes this.