1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2021-trails Of Tears

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jan 1, 2022.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

(WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR) BUT..........

2021 - TRAIL OF TEARS.

('Ring out the old, ring in the new' a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson(1809-1892) has forced me to figure out how to say bye to 2021.

The year 2021 will be remembered for the Covid-19 pandemic for centuries to come. History will record many many sad stories. This will be the year- when living was counting the dead, when government and their administration failed, when one tiny insect made everyone dance on its whims when friends and relatives could be of no help when dead bodies were disposed of off by strangers when dead bodies were littered on the river banks when our saviors were busy in election rallies when our saviors were assuring us of all is well.

Many died in the courtyard of the hospitals because they could not get a bed in the hospital. Those who could get a bed died because there was no oxygen. Our saviors kept on saying all is well. There is no shortage of beds and oxygen. Only if, they had learned some lesson from the oncoming signs of the pandemic in 2020 and made arrangements. But they kept beating Thalies and lighting Diyas to shoo away the tiny insect and claimed they have defeated the virus.

Millions of families lost their dear and near ones. On a personal level, I lost my niece and younger brother. Everything within reach was done by those who were close by but most of us were simply praying from a safe distance.

The virus is still here, changing shape and colors. We are used to living on and with HOPE. This will also pass and all of us will get busy in our daily routine of survival.

With the best wishes for 2022.

Hari Lakhera

31/12/2021

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Agree with everything that you wrote.
    Syamala

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

True, the last two years and particularly 2021 has weighed very heavily on humanity. The wheels of time grind on and we can only do our best, watching helplessly at other times. But between all this, let us not forget to take a moment to be grateful for all that has gone right. Life has changed drastically for some of us - some due to loss of near and dear ones and as you say, nothing could be more cruel than not being able to be by the side of our dying or to be able to say a decent goodbye them. This is something that will continue to haunt us for the rest of our days. Some of us suffered from the infection, apparently recovered to different degrees, being left affected by long lasting effects which will never let us function as effectively as before. Still we shall be grateful for being able to plod on to whatever extent we can - we and ours are still here for each other, maybe some as shadows of their former selves and God knows how long it will be before they recover fully if at all, but it is their very presence that we are most grateful for. We can still hope for them to recover soon. It is the hope that keeps us going. We still have a roof over our heads, food on our plates and clothes to wear.

And if those of us who have been fortunate to make it this far without a scratch to show continue to complain about the weather and the politicians, we deserve to be kicked on our back sides.

Let us remember those who are not so fortunate and help them get on with their lives to whatever extent we can.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    HariLakhera likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

Very true. Hope 2022 proves better than 2021. It should be.
    By and large, every family has suffered in some way or the other because it spread worldwide.
    In normal circumstances, death in accidents, floods, fires, remain a news item only unless some of our own are the victim. Yesterday 12 people died in a stampede while visiting the
    Vaishno Devi Temple. As long as we are personally affected, it is news only.
    This is life. 2021 has changed life in a positive way also. Work from home is one of them.
    This is life.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

//On a personal level, I lost my niece and younger brother.//

@HariLakhera - I am so very sorry for your loss. So many of my friends lost loved ones to Covid too and I have seen them struggle to cope with their losses. May the year 2022 bring light and solace to all those who lost dear ones to Covid. Like you said, this too shall pass. Hang in there.

HariLakhera likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

Thank you, Mam. Yes there is hardly a family that has not lost someone close.

7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

My deepest sympathies on your loss. Grieving from a distance has been the hardest thing for all of us.

Covid has exposed our vulnerabilities and has been truly devastating for many.

HariLakhera likes this.
  8. HariLakhera

Many thanks.

Amica likes this.