1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Running Club

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by vibha_81, Jun 13, 2016.

1. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I recently started running again and wanted to track progress through out this year. There is no goal in mind except to build stamina and be able to participate in future 10k or half marathon runs. Please join me and post your runs for this year.

type2 and vrikshakadali like this.

2. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

06/13

0.5 mile run

type2 likes this.
  3. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

06/16

1 mile run in the gym

type2 likes this.
  4. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

Hi, i too love running but haven't in a long time. how long have you been running? how long did you wait to start running again? at what speed do you run now? what speed did you start runnig after the gap? how many minutes does it take for you to complete 1 mile run? do you run continuously or with intermittent walks? what to you drink before running? im curious and interested. i'd always wanted to run and envy runners but never ran after 22. you seem like an expert. your answers will motivate me. thanks.

5. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Hi type2,

I am in no way an expert:) Its nice that you are interested in running...that's where the journey starts. I used to run at 6mph in 2007(done a couple of 10k runs too) but I can only run at 5mph now(12 mins/mile). I am overweight by 20 kgs so its difficult to run at the same pace. So I will slowly increase my pace now as I lose weight along the way. If I am running outside I do sprints and walking (interval running). On treadmill I take one interval irrespective of the distance and I try to increase the distance when I no longer feel challenged. I sip water before and after.

You can always run. there is no age limit..I am almost 35:)..you can build a lot of stamina with running, body feels very light and you will feel energetic after few months of running. When I started running I could barely run 30 seconds continuously. You can also do it. start with 30 sec and gradually increase. If you are at normal weight range, you may pick up faster than you expect.

type2 likes this.
  6. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

that's amazing. ur post is very encouraging. thanks for taking time to clear doubts...i started with 30 seconds like u said..

20/6:
    30 seconds X 10 run

vibha_81 likes this.
  7. type2

type2 Silver IL'ite

6/21:
    50 mins on treadmill - 2 min run X 2, 1 min run X 7

vibha_81 likes this.
  8. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

Wow that is very encouraging Vibha. I want to start running too, after a big gap of almost 12 years. I hope to start soon. Keep up with your goal.

vibha_81 likes this.
  9. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

Restarted running after monthly break -

2 * 6 min @ 5mph = 1 mile

I realized I was doing 0.8 mile only and not 1 mile all this time when I was running for 10 min @ 5mph. So I upped it to 12 min.

type2 likes this.
  10. vibha_81

vibha_81 Gold IL'ite

You are doing great type2!!

type2 likes this.