2015-School Reviews

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by LakshRam, Dec 21, 2015.

1. LakshRam

LakshRam New IL'ite

Hi ILites,

I looking for a good school for my daughter to join 4th std in the next academic year, in Valasaravakkam /Anna Nagar area.
    I was wading through the sea of school reviews already available in IL, for the past 2 days - reminded me of the Chennai floods. But 1 important thing i noticed is that most of the reviews given are in and around 2007,2008 etc ie; few years back (pardon me if I'm wrong)
    things might have changed by now, for better or for worse.

It would be highly helpful for all parents who are seeking admission for the next academic year, if other members could give candid review/opinion of the school in which their wards are currently studying.

I'm especially looking for latest reviews on:
    1. Chennai Public School
    2. The Schram Academy
    3. Amrita Vidyalayam

The coaching given, public exam results, general atmosphere of the school, etc.

But review on all Chennai schools are welcome in this thread, as it will be useful for someone or the other down the lane :)

Thanks,
    Lakshmi :)

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

hi LakshRam three years back we tried admission for our kids in amrutha vidyalayam. As we went for the application submission all the kids were practicing some cultural activities ,singing devotional songs on amruthanandamai in welcoming her as she is going to visit the school in few days.We don't like our kid praying a human as a god.(sorry to say this .It is my personal opinion not to hurt any one). So we didn't chose the school.Other than that every thing is ok with the school

Devi academy in valasaravakkam is a reputed and best school you can inquire and seek for an admission.

Hope the information is useful for u.

2 people like this.
  3. LakshRam

LakshRam New IL'ite

thanks for the info. Being a part of amritanandamayi mutt, that is to be expected...
    my biggest concern is the availability of seats, since it is for 4th std.