1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2010 starts with a bang for Varalotti!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Dec 17, 2009.

1. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir...

I am new to indusladies and when browsing i see lot of ur writings which are very interseting...

Now you have one more feather to your cap..with the publishing...

Wish u all the best

Nisha

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Best wishes, Sridhar! Waiting to know which serial it is in IL! May be the 'than nambikkai' series!

sriniketan

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

dear bas,
    thanks for the sweet wishes and the sweets that came along with the wishes.
    Nothing would ever look trivial to me, bas. For a writer every one of his creation is his child. So when his child goes on stage he will be as nervous like an anxious mother. Triviality.. no way.
    Well autographed photo.. I doubt whether any writers, especially tamil writers went up to that stage.
    I live in all your hearts and that to me gives a better stature than some unknown fan asking for my photograph and my autograph.

As you are proud to call me your friend, so am I to call you so.

Which story is this? I am going to keep this as a secret. But this came only as a two page short story in IL. I lenghtened into a novel. Hopefully I will give links for the e-book. Hope you will be able to identify the right story at least after that.
    love,
    boost

4. varalotti

Dear PS,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes and blessings.
    love,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Dear Vaidehi,
    Thanks a lot for your kind wishes.
    Well, that was a great morale booster for me. You know even now I have many of my stories rejected. But for the past ten years I have the policy of not throwing away any of my rejections. I recycle it.
    Take the case of this story. I wrote it as a short story in tamil about 9 years ago. Rejected by all leading magazines. Then I translated it into English. Womens Era rejected it straight away. I then posted the story in IL. The reception I got from the women here overwhelmed me. Now I knew that I had good stuff in my hands.
    I made it into a 75 page novel and sent it to a leading magazine publisher. Rejected. Story too womanish.
    Then I cut short the story to 50 pages and sent it to Kumkumachimizh where it was eventually selected and showcased, to be published in their very first issue in January 2010.

All this explanation is relevant because it vindicates your statement:
    Everything that is true and good finds its way up whatever others try to supress it.
    What you have said about understanding a woman's mind is also true. That was the most valuable education I had as a writer.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Manjula,
    I am thrilled to know that you have got my short stories book. I am eagerly looking forward to hear what you have to say about the book. This book is in a way special because it contains many stories that have not been published in any magazine.
    Stories on women had been my forte from day one and I am happy that I made that choice.
    That made me a member of this wonderful community and got me wonderful friends like you.
    thanks again for your kind wishes.
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Padmini,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. I have been late in life in many aspects. God has never been late in giving the recognition. You know I started to write very late. Only when I was 40 plus. For that this is fast enough.
    thanks once again.
    love,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Dear Krithika,
    Nice to hear from you after a long time. And thanks a ton for your kind wishes.
    Wish you a Happy New Year 2010. And thanks once again for your kind wishes.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Usha,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. Take your time usha. The great advantage of the modern technology is that my writings will wait for ever to be read by you. It's going to be there in the site for ever and ever. So whenever you have the time and feel like it you may read it.
    I am now into blogs and am writing for those who are stressed with the modern life.
    take care.
    thanks once again for your kind wishes.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Nisha,
    Welcome to this wonderful community. You have taken the right decision of entering this great world.
    I am happy that you find my writings interesting.
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes.

sridhar