20 week anatomy scan with table tilted down

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by riyasen2015, Jan 24, 2015.

1. riyasen2015

riyasen2015 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I had my anomaly\anatomy scan 2 days back at 20 weeks. Just upon start, technician tilted the table to make my head go down significantly. So for 40 mins I was lying slant with head at a much lower level. She did it saying baby needs to be moved up. I started feeling heaviness in my head after 15 mins. I am wondering if could have caused any harm to baby, since it also shifted baby’s blood flow or pressure to one side

Anyone has a similar experience or any opinion on this ?

-Riya

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Riya....this was done to adjust the baby's position and in most cases increases the blood pumping into the head and uterus. Yes, you woudl feel a touch more heavy in the head, but nothing to worry with the baby as the baby is encased well in the uterus during the process. This is done in rare cases when the baby position is absolutely too difficult to do the scan.....a friend of mine went thro the same, but the radiologist did get to finish the scan within 15 min.

Dont worry your baby will be fine, relax and dont stress too much about it. If you are still concerned, best would be to have a conversation with your gynec and then relax your nerves.

1 person likes this.
  3. riyasen2015

riyasen2015 New IL'ite

Hi WinPooh,

Really, thanks a lot for your response. It is assuring and helpful

Thanks
    - Riya