1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

20 Things that I Learned About Myself

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sofea, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

[JUSTIFY]
    I recently did some soul-searching (so to speak) and found out quite a number of things about myself...things that may on other circumstances be too embarrassing to be admitted. But for some reasons, I don't feel too bad about sharing this with all of you here (well, the fact remains that I've written some mokkai posts before but you guys have been kind enough to even praise me for that, so I'm guessing I can sort of get away with writing almost anything here :mrgreen: )

Anyway, here goes the 20 things that I learned about myself....

1. I never knew I could actually blog and enjoy it too

2. I can lie at the drop of a hat and for no particular reasons

3. I’m a bad advocate but a decent mediator

4. I love nothing more than to laze around my home but hate the very thought of others doing the same

5. I love to think I’m always right and would create reasons to justify the same

6. I love giving impressions to people that I’m an extrovert though I’m actually an introvert in real life

7. I loathe people who disturb my sleep

8. I preach others to do good deeds without expecting appreciation but never practice the same.

9. I’m a hypocrite-I praise my friends on how good they look with their spouses and laugh at my lies behind their backs

10. I love kids and always wish that they love me too

11. Whenever someone gets praises for their talents, I immediately wish that I’m in their shoes instead

12. I judge people on their looks and hate myself for doing it

13. I love to dance but am too self-conscious to do it in public

14. I lack the discipline to diet and exercise

15. I’m a cry baby but have always been successful in hiding the fact from others

16. I’m scared of confrontations

17. Clothes that looked good when I bought in the store always end up looking ugly when I try it at home

18. I’m a good planner but a bad worker

19. I lose interest easily

20. I’m bad at managing my money

P.S: If you think I'm going to change myself now that I've admitted all these in writing, then I guess you've missed out on reading no.5 on the list.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Sofea,

That was really good... You need not change my dear... Everyone has advantages and disadvantages in character of life... Be happy you have only 20....

Shanti

3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shanti,
    Thank for the lovely comments. Nevertheless, I must admit that I don't have 20 minus points in me...I actually have hundreds and hundreds and the list is still growing. The above 20 are the ones I'm willing to admit for now:hide:

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Sofea,

You have got good policies. Openly and whole heartedly i am writing this. Do not under estimate yourself my dear. You are implementing knowingly or unknowingly all the policies that is why you are able to open out the same in the blog. You say always to yourself the dress looks very gorgeous which added further beauty to my body. I am eating good food and not junk food like that.This type of positive thinking will improve your mind set more. All the best.

5. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Sofea...
    Absolutely interesting...
    And some of these pointers are my strength/weaknesses too!

6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Dear sreemanavaneeth,

Thank you for the lovely, meaningful comments. It was an abrupt decision of mine to post this and I didn't expect all these comments especially not one as inspiring as yours. Thank you so much for your wonderful words of inspirations :)

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sangeethajain,
    Thank you for your message, even if it might be a spam...or is this your business gimmick?:confused2: On a further note, I may not be a businesswoman but I do believe that if you want to introduce your products, you should do it to those who don't use it in the first place. In that sense, trying to introduce blogging to bloggers or social media to those who are involved in it, is not going to gain you any sort of publicity or business. Thank you anyway for your information. Any information is good for me, especially if it increases the number of comments on my page :mrgreen:

8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shakambari,

Thanks for dropping by to my blog and thanks a lot for your comments :) Glad to know that I have a friend who shares the same strengths and weaknesses as me. Like like , same same :cheers

9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I read this cute blog before, but just got time to comment. You see it was in my "To comment" list for so long. :)
    Those are very honest things you have listed Sofea. Almost all the points work for me too. :) I particularly enjoyed these points:- 9,11,12.
    There is a slight (in words, but major in meaning) difference in point 12. I judge people based on their looks, but never hated myself for that. Might be because most of the time I end up learning that I judged correctly. Yes point 5 works well for me here. :)

P.S:- I replied in the thread 'what movie did you watch today'.. Post number: 1480 & 1482. I really don't want you to miss reading it.. :)

10. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Thanks ILT for the lovely comments. Glad to know that there's another person who shares the same characteristics as me. Cheers to that! :cheers
    Also, thanks a lot for pointing out your post in the movie thread. I had a good laugh (I know I shouldn't :hide:) reading the same.