1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2 year old only eating while watching rhymes on laptop

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by nehaags, Nov 14, 2011.

1. nehaags

nehaags New IL'ite

Hi,

My 2 year old son has always been a picky eater. He has never been fond of the indian food daal chawal etc. He used to eat parathas and besan cheela when 14 months old, but he stopped eating it and I had to make him sit in front of a laptop so that he could get distracted and he started eating daal,chawal. This went on for around 6-7 months. but now, he refuses to eat even when watching the rhymes or videos. He doesn't want to eat at all. Please help!!!

2. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Are you showing him the same rhymes? Then he might have got bored with it. Try mix and match. My son has always (since the time he started eating solid food watched rhymes.. It makes my job easier and his eating well..).. But after a while he gets bored and starts to get distracted. So i keep changing the rhymes and if it does not work, i give him something to play on his high chair.. Like a 2 glasses and some water.. or stacking blocks etc... he becomes creative and also i get to feed him faster!

3. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nehaags,

As cutepavi said keep changing on videos....my son is now 17 months and he does exactly the same thing. for every three days i change some videos....or give something to play like crayola non toxic colors, spoons and glass, empty bottle with lid and ask him to put something in and out.....i know how hard it is to deal with fussy eaters.....sometimes i feel like crying and lose my patience but then again i feel pity on him..........i dont even feel like eating if his meal is not complete....
    these are the names of few videos on you tube which my kid like and i know many moms are totally against this...even i dint wanted it but..........huh........but my kid learnt few words and action by watching this videos
    1)babyboost on demand
    2)little geniuses
    3)mother gooseberry
    4)mickey mouse songs
    3)choo choo soul train
    5)hooplakidz
    6)giggle bellies
    there are few hindi and telugu rhymes too...
    hes done with all these now am looking for some new :(. hope this helps....

4. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

Hi Neha,
    after reading your post , it just remind me about my son..He is same just eat while watching giggle bells on laptop..... after some time stop okay then i start making him eat while playing on horse or his cycle......it take me 1hr sometime more....but sometime he do not want to eat anything so i have to keep on trying different recipes like sometime fried rice, finger chips, soup, parathan, omlette... Keep on trying, every kid is a bit different....... :thumbsup