1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2 year old-disinterested in food!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by booshiv, Jul 23, 2009.

1. booshiv

booshiv New IL'ite

hello ladies,
    I am a new member and this is my first post. My daughter is 2.2 years old. She's a very talkative and active girl. She was born underweight. Now her weight is not even 10kgs. The doctor says it's just proportionate to her birth weight and nothing much to worry as she is a very active child.She had never been interested in food. Previously when she was hardly 1, i started putting some nursery rhymes on the pc and give her food. Now nothing works with her. She watches her favorites on pc but always has a hand ready to push when i take food to her. I tried making her eat by herself.But that didn't work, she only mashes the idli/dosa/rice that i give her and hardly eats them. What can i do to get her interested in food. She goes for play group. I would like to have some lunch box suggestions for her.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Booshi

I had a similar problem with my 20 month old son. worst is he vomits if i force him to eat food. however lately I started making food that we eat in general and stopped giving him all teh baby food like oat meal or cereal etc...

he loves to eat veg biryani, parathas, mini idlis and dosas. not too spicy but try to give your daughter some spicy food...might be all the blandness in the food is not very encouraging to her ...

3. booshiv

booshiv New IL'ite

hi srividya,
    Thank you for your response. But i give my daughter the food that we eat only. I don't give any special baby food. She doesn't chew the food. So when i feed her she either spits it out or vomits. What do you pack your son for his lunch? My daughter is 2.2 yrs and goes to play group. How about yours?

4. minny

minny New IL'ite

hi

even i am facing the same problem with my 3.5yr old daughter, everyday is a struggle for me..., without cartoons played in pc, a big no to food...she has no appettite, such times wat i follow is

when she hesitate to eat food
    try oats boiled in milk with little jaggery and ghee its filling and very healthy (no need to munch) , dont feel it as baby food

or

u can also try saboodana payasam using jaggery with ghee

for school better send them their all time fav foods to start with and create interest in lunch time at school than that of forcing them to eat

dont worry too much...