1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2.5 yr old poops a lot

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Goodwill, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

My 2.5 yr old kid is very active. He's an ok sort of eater and takes fresh fruits daily. His poops ranges between 4 - 6 times per day ( in small quantities). I'm very much confused with his potty patterns that I find it very hard to potty train him. Pls advice on how to regulate his potty habits.

2. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Hi Goodwill,
    You are not alone. Even my DS poops several times. Sometimes even 4 times. I asked the doctor if this was okay. And, he said that as long as the poop is not watery(loose) or greenish, it is okay.
    Even I have not started potty training. But I have read about potty training. You could visit babycenter's website on the internet for all details. I hope it helps.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Goodwill, while it may be normal for a lot of kids, the creche incharge told a colleague that her child was not able to process the Ragi/malt that she was giving him... she stopped ragi and it helped... so try to change the staple diet if any for few days and see if it works.

This pattern comes out with strict food intake timings and quantity.
    Quantity differs from child to child and a mother's perception of "ok sort of eater", my cousin's son was eating 4 parathas and 1.5 ltrs of milk as against 1 paratha,400 ml of milk of mine and she felt he was eating less & pooping more:bonk.............