1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

2.5 Year Old Covid Vaccine

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Pearldrop, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Pearldrop

Pearldrop Senior IL'ite

We are going to India in next 3 weeks and I have a 2.5 yr old who has not got the covid shot yet. Is it ok to travel, he has got all other vaccines up to date.

2. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

when shot came out for toddlers everyone including me fear and got it for most of the kids.. i was being cautious and waited for my so for 6 months before i let him have shot,for my daughter now who is almost 2.5yr i didnt get it for her because of her health condition as we can recently lots of side effects from shot and despite of that everyone got covid and mostly for kids as their immunity is good, few of the doctors i checked with suggested kids will be fine.

regarding this covid shot getting it for kids or not doctors are leaving it to the decision of parents.. so if you feel comfortable you can get it for your little one, if not then do..

my nephew is going to be 3 yr old.. they also going to india in october his mom got him all the shots..

my other cousin whose 5 yr old going to school didnt get her shot.. so its obviously parents choice.. and look from all the sides and decide.. as of now no one is worried about covid.. everyone worrying about heat wave in india.. you all stay cool and keep little one cool,dehydrated,enjoying freshly home made food, lots of coconut water.....

Pearldrop likes this.
  3. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

Now airlines are not asking for any vaccination cards so it’s fine but please make sure you double check with airlines or with ur travel agent

Pearldrop likes this.
  4. Pearldrop

Pearldrop Senior IL'ite

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

Same my thoughts were. My oldest is 9 yrs and he has got the shot because of the fear and also regular school started so no other option. But for the lil one doctors never said its mandatory and so I have not given a thought about it until i planned India trip. Even now the doctor says if he is up to date with all vaccines thats more than enough.
    Finally i decided not to vaccinate him for covid, there is not enough time for 2 doses as we are leaving in a week. As you said heat wave is something to think about. In chennai its more intense hope all goes well.

swarnamary likes this.
  5. Pearldrop

Pearldrop Senior IL'ite

Checked with airlines and they said i should be carrying the vaccine cards for myself and my older kid.

swarnamary likes this.
  6. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

same pinch... hahahaa.. well good luck, you all try to stay hydrated i am trying to take some pedialyte freezer pops that we can throw in bag and use it later when needed...you all have a good time...

Pearldrop likes this.
  7. Pearldrop

Pearldrop Senior IL'ite

Good idea to take pedialyte freezer pops. I remember during last India trip my kid got super dehydrated and doctor advised to give him electral ORS. It sells for 25 Rs per packet to mix it up with 1.5 liter water and had it full day. Looks like you are going on a trip too. Have a wonderful journey.

swarnamary likes this.
  8. Pearldrop

Pearldrop Senior IL'ite

9. swarnamary

swarnamary Gold IL'ite

I am taking it this time as it’s summer summer…. Just trying to be careful with water usage too

bed I am thinking they should allow it as it’s for toddler I will try to take it insteaad of one carry on …. Let’s see how it goes