2.5 Lakh posts in IL & Member Status Changes - Comments & Feedback!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Induslady, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Re: 2.5 Lakh posts in IL & Member Status Changes!

Hi induslady,
    Thanx for clarifying my doubt..

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Re: 2.5 Lakh posts in IL & Member Status Changes - Comments & Feedback!

Hello Sonalika,

Quick reply to both your posts:

As a New Ilite am afraid you will not have the permission for Private Messaging.
    Answer to the second post of yours too is no. You would not be able to see any of your old PMs even after you attain Junior ILite status and have PM access permission.

Hope this clarifies.

3. vidyasriram

vidyasriram Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I cannot access my private message and cannot send any it says 0 total allowed can you please clarify will I have access to my messages in the future or Have I been deleted from the forum. i am pretty new to the website and I am finding it hard to understand what is happening.
    Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Suman

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hello Suman,

Please refer to the first post in this thread:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/announcements/22463-2-5-lakh-posts-il.html#post258605

It clearly explains that till you hit the junior member status, your access to Private messages will be cut. Once you reach 50 posts, then automatically a few privileges like private messaging will be enabled.

rgds
    Vandhana

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Induslady/Laxmi,
    That is a very laudable move. At one stroke you have kept away predators while making it more and more comfortable for us, existing members.
    I take some time to understand somethings. So please help me in the process of understanding.
    Here are my doubts:
    a) I am a platinum ILite by the new status. As per your announcement my pm quota is 200 messages. But by pm box says "of a total 100 allowed".
    b) Now that I have crossed some of the milestones you have mentioned, will I still get the T-shirt, for example, as I became a gold ILite long back?
    c) Pardon me for this silly question. I am one of the very few men here in the site. Will the T-shirt fit men? If it doesn't don't bother. Don't order anything special for me. I'll in turn gift the T shirt to my DW.
    regards,

6. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Thanx Malathy for ur reply...sure i'll get the Gold ilte soon....

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy,
    see, even Sridhar is wanting to win a IL T shirt, so no wonder me too wanting one.
    Jokes apart, you are making our forum a really safe one for the members by denying PM for beginners. That way, people who just want 'fun' would not stay for long. We have been able to be free with our friends due this safety factor only. Kudos to you, for coming out with such ideas.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Varalotti,
    Thanks for the nice words. Here I go trying to clarify your doubts:
    a) As the member status changes are scheduled and running, during the process there might be some disparity. Now please check it and let us know if your quota of PM has 200.
    b) I am sure Induslady is working on the logistics to arrange for the IL t-shirts for all the Gold ILites and the ones in higher status too. Regarding the fit, my guess is that it would fit Indhu better, and you must be telling us once you received it.

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Varalotti,

Members get gifts only for their current status (after retroactively applying changes to the post counts). We will arrange sooner for the gift you should receive as Platinum IL'ite, not for the statuses you were in long back :)

BTW, your DW would have already received an IL T-shirt for having participated in an IL meet. Check with her.

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathy. In fact I was searching for this reply everywhere in the site.
    My DW has not participated in an IL meet so far. Anyhow I'll check with her.