1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

1st birthday ideas please!

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by mridusudha, Apr 13, 2010.

1. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hello Moms,

I need your help again.
    I know DS is only 8 months old and I have already started thinking about his 1st birthday. Hopefully you all can give me some nice ideas.

I am mainly looking ideas for the theme. Right now DS is too young and he does not have a favorite character. So not sure what the theme should be.

I guess the decorations and cake depend on the theme you choose!!

I also need ideas for goody bags/party favors. And where to buy them here in U.S

So ladies, please share your ideas.

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi mridusudha,
    well,the 1st thing to keep in mind is that b'day is going to be for ur own satisfication.ur son is too young to enjoy it.rather he will be irritated because of being kisses &hugged by so many people.i have two sons & celebrated the 1st & all b'days of their & this is my experience.

well,as kids love colourful things i guess u can choose a cake which is very colourful(i had joker faced cake)

donot dress him in clothes which irritae him & avoid wearing dress with too much work yourself(my son had scratches on his face due to sequins on shoulder of my dress where he kept on hiding from people)

then,try to get someone who is closed to ur baby so that the baby is comfortable going to that person if mom -dad is busy(maids or nannies will also do )
    if celebrating outside take baby's stroller or pram where he can sleep if he is tired.
    well,i guess my post is too much preaching sort.pls,forgive me but i hate the idea of little ones crying on their b'days............
    pragati