1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

19 months old baby , suggest a proper diet and sleep chart, looks thin but super act

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by anjalika400, Nov 17, 2011.

1. anjalika400

anjalika400 Junior IL'ite

she tuned 19 months ,super naughth and lost most of her abby fat after first year.she has never been very chubby, 5 lbs at birth,but still looed round and plum till12 months when we were in us.after coming to india during her first birthday she became a fussy eater gradully and doesn't like rice or roti at all. she was on mutrmigen till 10 months ,then goodstart formula till 13 /14 months and lactigen 3 since 14 months.was on gerber and earth's best oraganic food and some homemade food till 12 monthd and completely off those gerber by 12 months and takeing homemade everything with fruits etc since then.but suddenly she started becoming a fussy eater and always running playing yelling ancing but for eating a meal I have to bribe her literally.forget about proper breakfast, lunch,dinner, 3 snacks and 3 bottles of milk as suggested in different websites.
    her schedule is like this 7.00-7.30am-8oz lactogen3 formula while asleep, 10-10.30 am lunch with little rice , masoor dal with some veg curry or fish or chicken with a potato(she takes about 4 egg size balls of this mix, barely takes more than that. ), 11.30am: 2 freshly squeezed sweetlemon juiceabout 5oz(no sugar, no salt), if takes veggie in lunch, i try to feed her some fish or an egg aroud12.00 or just take her to her bed for nap from 12.45am-3.00/3.30. one 8 oz bottle of lactogen 3 in sleep, and try to feed her an egg (if not offered in the morning)or a fruit arounf 5.30.she refuses to take most of it.7.30 dinner with rice, dal, curry or animal protein combo with some ghee or butter sometimes.she takes 4 -5 small ball size of this rice mix only. 8 oz bottle at 9.30 pm before sleep.she looks pretty thin (was 10kgs during her 18 months visit) but super super super active.I am very concered abot her weight gain and diet intake.please suggest me a proper diet plan. should I take one milk bottle off , if so, which one?
    I don't get a chance to incorporate fruits in the diet.she used to take one banana or apple till 16 months, now she does not seem hungry.what can I do to boost her appetite. is there any supplement for essential nutrients and appetitle booster?her doc seem to be less bothered about her not gaining weight over 10.5 kgs from her 14 moths to 18 months.please help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014

2. jayprem

jayprem New IL'ite

Re: 19 months old baby , sugegest a proper diet and sleep chart, looks thin but super

Dear Anjalika,

You don't have to be worried in regards to your daughter's weight and diet issues. The best way is to offer her the milk in sippy cup/ straw cup 2 times( one in the morning just after bed and another before bed time). She should be eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.

Meal Ideas:
    Breakfast:( 8 - 8.30 am)
    1. Porridge
    2. Toast with omlette( 3- 4 eggs in a week)
    3. Pancake
    4. Cereal
    5. French toast

Morning snack( around 11 am)
    1. Any fruits

Lunch: (1-1.30pm)
    1. Rice/ roti (with atleast 2 veges/ meat/ fish)

Evening Snack:(4-4.30pm)
    1. Cheese slices
    2. Crackers
    3. If you offer any kind of juice try to dilute it with water or try to wipe the teeth immediately after drinking as it may cause dental caries.
    4. Fish fingers.
    5. Scones
    6. Muffins

Dinner: ( 7- 7.30pm)

Family meal( whatever you eat)

Regarding weigth gain issues:
    If she is growing gradually in her percentile chart you don't worry at all. She is very active and burning all her calories. Make sure she eats 5 a day( 5 types of fruit and vegies) and dairy products.
    Hope this helps. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

1 person likes this.
  3. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Re: 19 months old baby , sugegest a proper diet and sleep chart, looks thin but super

Anjalika

if you really want your girl to put on weight, introduce her to pediasure (milk) - it has got all kinds of flavors...or Canation Instant(Breakfast essentials) - comes in different flavors. These will make your daughter put on weight and gives the nutrients required for the day. It is hard to make sure that we give all the required nutrients in the little diet they eat.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best
    Shanti

4. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

can we give 19 month old baby chyawanprash??? my MIL n FIL forces me to give...

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anjali, if the child is active, dont worry, she is more than likely fine. I didnt understand the measurements you have mentioned though (like egg size/ ball size). If you can tell me in terms of cups I might be able to suggest something.

My baby was also low birth weight and still remains so. My pead advised me not to worry as long as she is not falling off the charts (growth/height charts checked during her doctors visits). What I normally do and what I normally advise other mom's here who are concerned about weight gain is that, dont concentrate on particular food item. Concentrate on particular food group.
    For example, apart from fruits, she seems to be getting the rest of the food groups in her diet, which is great. Everyday, we need to feed at least one or two servings of the below food groups:

1. Protein (meat/dal etc)
    2. carbs (rice/potato/pasta etc)
    3. Veggies
    4. Fruits
    5. Dairy

4 out of 5 is not bad at all. Perhaps you can try cutting fruits in small pieces and leave them on plate? she may playfully take bites? Or mix them in yogurt for a light snack after her nap?
    Also, from your schedule, it looks like you are cluster feeding. Like:

10:30 Lunch
    11:30 juice
    12:00 egg/fish
    Milk between 12:30

You need to give some gap before feeding her in short intervals. evening schedule looks OK.
    Normally, its easier on the body if she has any schedule like Breakfast, snack, lunch,snack,dinner,snack.

2 people like this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Nope...not recommended at all.
    Chyawanprash has heavy metals...consult paed before giving it.

1 person likes this.
  7. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

a big no, tell them doc told it shud not be done