1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

15th August, 1997

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Aug 12, 2010.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

When whole India was celebrating her Golden Jubilee year of Independence, I was admitted in the Hospital, but for a good reason - as it is my delivery time.

I can here the channel's programme for Independence day, from the neighbouring houses. But could not concentrate on any of these.

My labour pain has started and I cant sit, stand, walk or lie down.

On hearing the news, my FIL has came and he was just sitting near the bed and anxiously watching me.

"Is it paining too much, can i call the nurse or the doctor. dont worry, every thing will be alright"

He chanted this mantra every 5 minutes and I can understand that he is with more fear than me.

It was a varalakshmi Nonbu day and the Friday pooja's from the nearby homes and the nice aroma of the sweets entered my room. I can hear the prayers of my parents.

Every body is sitting around me seeing me troubling with labour pain. Around 2.30 the Doctor came and checked me and asked the nurse to take me to the labour room.

Every body wished me and started their prayers. I was worried and with fearfull face I entered the labour room.

The doctor was with all smiles and she assured me that the delivery will be peaceful if I co-operated with her.

I told the nurses and doctor that I will co-operate to my best but if I did anything wrong, they should forgive me. There is a reason for this. My elder sister's delivery also took place in the same hospital and at the time of delivery, in the labour ward the nurses and helping assisitants got nice beatings from her.

Around 4 pm, I just opened my eyes searching for my baby. I asked the Doctor, whether it is a boy or girl? I had a dying love for daughter and in every month's checkup, I will ask the doctor, that it is a girl baby only doctor? She will simply laugh.

Even now the doctor laughed, Andal, it is a beautiful and like red rose bundle, angel girl.

Thank god, its a girl as my wish. My mother came with a child. The baby was wrapped in a sandle colour towel and she looked really like a princess in my mom's hands. SHe was too rose and plumpy (3.8 kgs weight).

I asked my mom, whether everything is okay with here, can she look, can she hear, is her legs and hands r okay, can she cry?

My mom told only a single word - Perfect.

I love girl children and in my 10 months of delivery period, i planned for the upbringing of a girl child. All my dreams came true and in the Hospital they named her SWATHANTHIRA, as it was our Golden jubilee year of Independence and we are affectionately calling her BAJJU.

She became the darling of our house and everything she did became the All india News.

Even now after 13 years, she is my darling.

I just thought of sharing this loveable moment with IL friends.

Hope you all like it.

Andal

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Andal

Advance Birthday wishes to your daughter. Swatantra lovely name. Thanks for sharing your wonderful moment.

Here is my greetings to your daughter

Dear Swatantra

From early in the morning until your Birthday ends
    May each hour be filled with happiness
    good times and special friends

What better day than your Birthday
    for taking a little time out to think
    about the kind of things you do
    and what Family is really about

What better day than your Birthday
    for wishing you all the very best
    and hoping that your special day
    will be one of your Happiest

Happy Birthday
    Have a lovely day
    May God bless you with good health, happiness and prosperity

love and blessings
    viji

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal,

My advance birthday wishes to your little angle. It is my mom's birthday too, she is going to be 57 this year.

Love
    Akila

4. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Viji Mam,

Thanks for your first FB. Happy independence day and on behalf of my daughter i thank you for your sweet & loveable birthday wishes.

andal

5. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Akila,

Independence day wishes to you and hearty birthday wishes to your mom.

andal