15th Asian Games, Doha

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by Preethi, Dec 3, 2006.

1. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

brought the excitement to everybodys home

Dear Preethi,
    Such a fantastic write up on the colourful event. I was so engrossed and was almost in Doha most of the time. As you said ,the most colourful show the earth has witnessed. The photographs are breathtaking. Your enthusiasam is infectious and a big THANK YOU for this very lively service.I always watch enthusiastically l opening and closing ceremonies of all sports programmes
    regards,
    Meenu

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Meenu

Dear Meenu,

Thanks for the response. It was my pleasure to share all my excitement with you. Believe me, this is the first opening ceremony I saw in my life and it made an ever-lasting impression. Never thought such a small country like Qatar, to put up such a wonderful show.

The steep horse climb stunt was really awesome. Even a slight mistake might have proved fatal, that incident was the talk of the country here. There was an article in the local papers saying that this stunt is been spreading across the globe like wild fire, through MMS and emails and has been the talk of every nation . Horses were brought from Australia specially for this stunt and it took 7 months for the training.

I will carry the ever-green memory of this ceremony for my lifetime. I am glad that I could see the show in person.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed reading and seeing the event from my post.

Love,
    Preethi