1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

15 months old not well since few days.. how to handel her??

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by angel12, Sep 5, 2014.

1. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies

Need some expert advice... I am a first time mommy of a beautiful lil 15 months old priencess... Ever since she ws born i kept hearing tat she is weak, thin m all kinda crap. Her birth weight ws 2.8 kg. Her weight gain till now has been slow and steady...

She was 8.2 last month. Almost 15 days before she had sever loose motions ( cud be due to teething) n lost 300 gms.. She ws jst recovering tat now she has viral infection accompanies wid fever.. From past 2 days her fever is gone be weakness is still der.. She has become super crancky n refuses to leave.me for a single second... I still bf her so all she wants to so is bfing.. Refuses any form of food except for lays chips..

I have no idea wat to do.. Any suggestions are welcome.. My mum says i can give her glucon d lil nit jst for some energy.. Shud i?? Advice please

2. Arushe

Arushe New IL'ite

Keep bfng until she recovers nd try giving rasam rice... in kanji form..
    Also try more of liquid form foods as they will be dehydrated..I dnt think there is any harm in giving glucon d.... keep her hydrated tat is very important....if she is okay with soups then try them..
    Dnt worry

3. angel12

angel12 Gold IL'ite

Thanks arushee for ur prompt reply.. Will definately try some soups n rice...

4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

At this stage, until her appetite is back, try giving her as much liquid diet as possible.
    you can try the over the counter powders specifically meant for little children.

i do not remember the name well, but the doc used to call it ORS. There are many flavors in it - tangy orange, sweet lime etc..

You can give some soups too.
    You can infact make a porridge with rice and veggies.
    Please do not panic. She will get well soon :)

5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi op, my son had diarrhea few days back and was totally drained out.the doctor told it was a viral infection and advised supportive treatment only.
    Some imp points are
    1. Keep the baby hydrated. If the baby wants to breastfeed , then offer as much breastmilk as you can. Besides that give oral rehydration solution. It is called pedialyte in usa and ors solution in india.it is available in many flavours and offer it as small sips which help to replenish lost salts and minerals. If you have nothing, mix salt n sugar with some lime in water and give that even salt and sugar is ok but never plain water.
    2.try BRAT diet.it is bananas, rice, Apple and toast. Anyway in india many of us would make thin khichdi with rice and zeera etc.it helps yi provide bulk in stools , same for bananas which act as binders .you can give apple juice flavoured ors.
    3.let your child eat what ever they want, even though it might not very healthy choice but at least let them get some nutrition.
    4.change the diaper very frequently, my son had got diaper rash too which made him more cranky, changing diaper ever two hours or as soon as dirty and keeping the bottom dry helped him
    Hope your baby gets well soon.

1 person likes this.