1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

14 months old does not drink milk

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by roopika, May 20, 2009.

1. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

My DD is 14 months old, she takes solids but does not drink milk, I am BFing her but it's not suffient for her, she wakes up atleast 8 times from 3am to 6am.I tried giving bottle she refuses(no formula milk and cow's milk till now). please suggest me any ideas to make her drink milk and sleep comfortably.

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

If you are nursing her say three to four times a day, you're meeting her Ca needs. However, I am not suggesting that you dont try to introduce cow's milk. Be reassured and not panic about meeting her needs. In the meanwhile, you can slowly get her used to cow's milk and complete your weaning.
    Can you try adding chocolate sauce or whatever it is called (forgive my ignorance) to the milk, or try plain old pre-packaged chocolate milk. How about milk shakes with her favorite fruits. I, as a child, did not like the smell of milk but would take with something like complan or boost. What I would suggest is you offer her sips say after a snack till she gets used to the taste, you can then get her to take the desired quanitities, slowly.
    We just recently finished this part - milkshakes are huge favs in our home. Hope that helps.

3. roopika

roopika New IL'ite

Hi tikka,

thanks for your suggestion.
    I give her milkshake(milk+water+melon) once in the evening and dip bisuits in the milk and give her.she bf's only on one side, so i have doubt whether she meets her calcium requirement.her pead asked not to force her but try after 20 days.

4. Dolly_Lite

Dolly_Lite Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

You can add yogurt and cheese in her diet if meeting Ca requirement is concern to you. Yogurt can be flavoured with fresh fruits or veggies(yes,carrots & sweet potatoes taste good). Try mixing cheese with the veggies.

Dolly