1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

13 month old girl not sleeping continously during night.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetpinky1, Dec 14, 2012.

1. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rakhi
    I am good dear...
    I am sure in few days you will figure out things soon and will solve this too....

2. sandya09

sandya09 New IL'ite

My son is 20 months old and we are in the same boat.
    I tried pretty much everything and did not work, he would get up at around 03:00 and sleeps only after drinking milk.

3. SudhaMakesh

SudhaMakesh Silver IL'ite

HI,

I have a 16 month old. It was the same with her. But the doctor said it is just the baby is used to not something he/she needed. So Try to involve in brisk play at evening and give solid foods 1hr before bed. If he wakes up try to comfort him to sleep and don't give him the milk. In a week they will get used to it.

Take him to bed soon. Late night sleeping schedule is also a reason for waking up in the middle.

4. LunaDoveDesigns

LunaDoveDesigns Silver IL'ite

My kids are 7 yrs and 21months. Some nights I'm up at least three times with one or both of them. Most nights, all they need are a warm blanket, a lullaby cd playing softly, and a night light. If they're not feeling well or the small one is cutting a tooth, they get a little chamomile tea to help relax them (just a little, watered down for the small one).

Making a bedtime routine can help, too. Our favorite is a warm bath, lotion and sleep clothes, brush teeth, read a story and cuddle a little, then tuck in and lights out (except for the night light, of course).

My oldest had some issues with night terrors a few years ago. I found that a lavender oil diffuser in his room along with the other things helped him settle back to sleep after I calmed him down. That may be worth a shot for you. Just put it well out of her reach.

This too shall pass. Your baby still that age where she's learning a lot of new things, and sometimes that can affect sleep patterns too.

Keep your head up, Mama. You're doing fine. :)

5. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

Sigh! Been there and still there. My little fellow who completed 13 months on Jan 13th is still not sleeping through the night. I've tried everything- I've tried giving him water instead of milk because the doc said milk in the middle of the night can cause teeth damage. But no use. He will sleep only after he gets milk(formula). Sometimes its not for milk- He sleeps when I put him on a pillow on my legs but wakes up the moment I put him on bed. It's very very frustrating. I don't know how long this will last. My arms ache because I hold him , sometimes for an hour or so continuously.
    I make sure he is well fed during the day and he's running around constantly during the day- so much energy expenditure but he still does not sleep through the night. Sigh!!!!!

6. 578reshmi

578reshmi New IL'ite

Toddler sleep problems are one of the biggest for parents. I read somewhere that 75% of toddlers have some or the other kind of sleep disorders. Even I had sleeping problems when I was weaning off my 13 mth old. I used to give her milk (full fat pref. Amul Gold) before bedtime, sometimes a spoonful of cerelac with milk. This would keep her sufficiently full for the night.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013