11 days Ganesh festival in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Hyderabad' started by Senorita, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha, yes Hyderabad is glittering all its way with Ganesha idols in all galli's and now this month we have to visit charminar for all glittery shopping for the Holy month of Ramdan!! :)

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Hi Archana, thanks for sharing your memories.
    Yeah, even last year Balanagar Laddu went for 13 lakhs in auction. The reason behind this is people will spread Laddu in there fields and lands, so only the cost of land near Balanagar will be very high in rates.

Yeah 11th day feast will really colorful while taking Ganesha idols to immerge in Hussain Sagar lake. One has to watch that ceremony it will be treat to eyes and people go crazy dancing and saying
    Ganapathi bapa Moriya
    Mangala Murty Moriya
    .. :bowdown

3. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

4th day of Ganesha chaturdi..

[FONT=garamond,serif]
    Ohm Vighneswaraya Namah ! Vinayakaya Namah ! Ganapathaye Namah !
    Gajamughaya Namah ! Parvati nandanaya Namah ! Mushika vahanaya Namah ! Kailasa Putraya Namah !

[/FONT]

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      96 KB
      Views:
  4. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Khairatabad Ganapati Deva

[​IMG]

The Khairatabad Ganapati Deva in Hyderabad is one of the tallest Ganesha idols made in India during Ganesh Chaturthi festival. In 2008, the height of Khairatabad Ganesh is 46 feet in 2008. A noteworthy and highly commendable aspect this year is the use of eco-friendly natural colors on the huge Ganesh idol.

Sri Ganesh Utsav Committee, Khairatabad, Hyderabad claims the Ganesh idols displayed here, during Ganesh Chaturthi, to be the tallest idols in the world. At the end of the festival, the Ganesh idol is immersed in the Hussain Sagar Lake using cranes.

47 feet high and 24 feet wide Ganesh idol seated on a ’sarpa simhasanam between goddess Srishakti and lords Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara and Mallanaswamy on the other side.

Police made security arrangements in the city for the smooth conduct of the ten-day festival.

More than 14,000 police personnel have been deployed for bandobusth duty at Ganesh pandals, important junctions, immersion points and other places in the city besides security men

220 Home Guards and 160 platoons of armed forces posted throughout the state.

Pickets have been posted at 178 hyper sensitive and 505 sensitive places apart from 239 mobile parties for the festival.

Nearly 13,000 idols would be immersed in the Hussain Sagar lake in the city on September 14.

5. KalyaniBhaskar

KalyaniBhaskar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Senorita,

If anyone has clicked a photo of huge ganesha of khairtabad i would like to have it. I know it will be really huge and I have seen too. It is good to
    note that they have used eco friendly colours this time. This is indeed very important.

Kalyani

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,
    Thanks for the Lord Ganesha pictures! Myself and my DH used to go almost all gallis to have the darshan of Ganesha. I miss Hyderabad! On the last day, we used to go to Tank Bund to see the immersion of our Great Ganesha. Sunitha, pray on behalf of my family too!

best regards,

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Oh now I know such a deva exists in Hyderabad and is celebrated with Pomp like our Lalbaughcha Raja. He looks cute!

I loved the picture of Dancing Deva and the one with gold looks more like Dagdu Seth Ganapati.

Thanks for taking pains and posting it here. I know it takes lots of efforts to put up such posts.

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Ganesh Nimajjanam on 11th of this month. Its gonnna a great celebrations across the city. But from my childhood, I couldn't able to understand what is the idea behind this Nimajjanam. After performing 9 days of exclusive pujas performed, ganesh will be drenched in Hussain Sagar with all big big cranes.
    so, this year I performed puja with pollution free ganesh.

9. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I miss all the celebrations and fun had at Ganesh chaturthi festival. There was a school beside our house where they organise cultural programmes throughout.

Miss that......:cry:

vani

10. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

5th day of Ganesha chaturdhi..

[FONT=garamond,serif]Ohm Vighneswaraya Namah !

[/FONT]Pearl Ganesh Idol - Siddi Vinayaka Ganesh Utsav Samithi - Hyderabad
    [FONT=garamond,serif]
    [​IMG]

[/FONT]Kundan Ganesh Idol

[FONT=garamond,serif][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/FONT]