10th Anniversary of Indusladies - Let's Celebrate!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Mar 18, 2015.

1. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Hearty Congratulations to Malathi, Jey and all the lovely admins of IL on its 10th Anniversary!
    gigglingsmiley :wow:cheers

Each one has spent valuable time and effort to make this site what it is today..
    .. admired and enjoyed by all of us,
    .. a great source of information and INSPIRATION to all of us,
    .. and something that will be there for all of us to check in and make friends always.

Great to be part of it,
    here's wishing you many more..
    best,
    Hasita

2 people like this.
  2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

I joined IL in 2010 and know nothing about Malathy and Jey who paved the way for such a wonderful Forum for women.Congratulations to the Founders and Great people who helped them to build an affectionate and lovely network.Varalotti Rengasamy dedicated one of his book to Malathy and Jey and after reading that book I realised the hardships taken by these two.IL is my second school as I have learned a lot from our wonderful writers.May God bless all and let this forum see more anniversaries.

4 people like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

One of those surfing days, i land up at a website that had around 200 members and the most discussions were about skin and a few recipes, it definitely looked like just another forum and i used to check it on and off..it was the year 2006. then @Chitvish mam announced she was moving to indusladies in another place, and there were a group of people who followed her here.so i used to keep tracking it until i wanted to start a thread on woodwork in 2007, did not get answers then, but it was the start of my journey in il and at 20000+ post today celebrating the 10th anniversary.. Congrats @ Malathy and @jey @Laxmi without all those support during technical snags it would not have been a smooth ride.

I made a lot of friends here, learnt a lot, realised my blessings and appreciated my family and my children a lot more. Perspective of looking at the half empty glass and the half full glass..(Il added to the experience). I miss some of them for having moved on in life and away from IL.

IL helped me work at being a better parent, the more i got involved in the parenting forum, i became a little more better.

It would be ungrateful if i don't mention the best things that happened because of being here..
    made some wonderful friends, who are my sounding boards.

have made friends who worry and ping me if they don't see me here for a couple of days.

have made a wonderful friend, who makes me watch what i write here. to quote her sms to me "Today i had this problem at home shanvyakka, i thought for a moment, if it were you, what would you do, how would you react, and i made a decision that my husband and in-laws appreciated."
    This person prays for my kids, appreciates and is so proud of all their achievements as if it were her own. we catch on, even if we become silent for months.

have met many during the time i have been here, attended weddings, visited the families, visited the parents or in-laws alone and more.

We even had a lunch and donation at an orphanage on one of the anniversary long back. it was fun to do it then.

I have seen the journey of two collegegoers who joined this forum, to their marriage and one of them is a mother. (need to acknowledge though it makes me feel old.)

Have seen many become wonderful and successful entrepreneurs.

now let me stop or it would be like an never ending essay..

IL has been a sounding board for many, a shoulder to lean on to, a shoulder to punch on, a place for appreciation deprived, a place for people to find a footing..

congrats on the 10th anniversary and for more milestones..

9 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Hearty congratulations to @Jey and Malathy for this wonderful family site. I joined IL in 2007 after my retirement through my daughter and from that time I am addicted to this site which I think is a family andnot a site. Due to the encouragement and inspiration from the youngsters who have now become my daughters I was able to post more than 25000. I am so addicted that when the net is not available I have gone to the Cyber cafe .
    When I started How are you thread and Coffee Morning thread I got so many friends and many ofthem are not active now whom I miss now. In Games @Sriniketan had started A to Z game and we used to enjoy so much.

I started writing in Snippets section and thanks to IL that I have learnt how to write and also @Sriniketan was the first one to help how to write. Then @Vidya24 also became very close. Slowly I became friends with so many @yashikushi helped me in attaching photos.

continued

3 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

I was so happy when @Cheeniya became my brother and enjoy reading his ramblings which he types with index finger and so much to learn from his writings.

Through How r u made friends with @Anaamika, @Sabitha_k, @Laks09,@Alpha, @apar-_ram, @Saraswathypv, @sunderusha, @Mindian, @gsaikripa,@Anandchitra ,@knot2share and many others, all the above friends are not active now , miss them very much and miss that thread also where we used to meet

Through Coffee Mornings made another set of friends, @yashikushi, @sudhakailas, @padhmu, @kantha, @KAlyaniShanthi, @omsrisai, @coffeelover, @kamala, @nithyakalyani, @malar, @malathy and so many others

@Arunarc, @Mindian and @ Sudhakailas I have met 2 times. I have had the pleasure ofmeeting so many ILites, also @Satchitananda, whom also I met thrice

@suryakala and @Saisakthi from whom I could learn so much, also from @Shanvy

In snippets @Viswamitra, @Akanksha, @stillwaters, @jayasala42, @GoogleGlass, @Kamalji, @Ojantrik, @Meghalife, @rgsrinivasan, @periamma, @Srama, @VaniVyas, @Scorpio

There are many others also whom I must have missed, sorry for that , my net is giving problem so I am not able to continue

I will come back to bore you all with some more friends whom I have missed now. Dont feel bad please it was not my intention

14 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

Thank you @Jey for the first like, feeling very happy

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

2 people like this.
  9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sisters,

Very happy that IL is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. I am very glad to be a member of this group.

1 person likes this.
  10. radv

radv Gold IL'ite

Congratulations

and

wishing many manyyyy more

1 person likes this.