100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Well, the holiday-induced warm fuzzy feeling has dissipated. Back to good old cynicism with a generous dose of self loathing.
    Good thing is that most of my problems belong to the first world category laugh1smiley

2 people like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Someone's got the Sunday night blues! If it helps, you're not alone. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Finally those cushions staring at me were sewed up to look good! What a nice feeling to get something done after putting it away as a small job that can be done anytime for over three months. Hence the good feeling ;)

Giri12, deepslikes and Gauri03 like this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

That's the positivity - you fall over, get up, shake yourself off and keep on going!

1 person likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are the blues contagious or what. : )
    Anyway, employed some retail therapy, and got the comforting auto-confirm email from amazon.

2 people like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 9: Deeps got me thinking about Sunday night blues. That dread in the pit of your stomach, the feeling of impending doom!

Late lunch, late afternoon nap == very bad idea! I woke up to a dark cold house feeling miserable and anxious. Then I decided I was going to fix it. I drank a big glass of water. Made myself some strong French roast. Lit a few fragrant candles. Set a timer for exactly 2 minutes and decided to get started on a project that has been giving me heart burn for the past few weeks. Instead of dreading Monday, I decided to face it early. Two minutes of work. Even if it amounted to nothing but opening Emacs and staring at it for two minutes. Well two turned to twenty, and now I have an outline for the task, complete with bite-sized subtasks that don't seem so monstrous anymore.

Sometimes the only way to beat anxiety is to get started. Focus on starting the task, instead of getting it done. Each time do something, anything. Tell yourself, you don't have to finish, you only have to start. If you start enough times, the finishing will take care of itself.

If you need a recommendation for a great Pomodoro timer app for Android, try Clockwork Tomato

Giri12, Sun18, deepslikes and 2 others like this.
  7. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 6 - 28/11

Spent few hours babysitting sil's kid and he was cuddling and chattering nonstop and singing and dancing with me for whole 2-3 hours. This was from a kid who used to be so shy around me that if i sit on one end of the couch he is sitting on, he will get up and run to next room and peek at me through the door often to see if I have gone yet so that he can come back to his place. We were pleasantly surprised that he has become so close to me now.

Day 7: 29/11

Completed one week of positive thoughts...though I don't post daily, I remember I have to find one positive thought at least per day and do it. But this is not my thought for yesterday. Made nonveg meal yesterday for the first time by myself and DH loved it. He was quite apprehensive when I said I am gonna cook chicken but liked it so much that he finished everything.

2 people like this.
  8. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Srama I have so many small tasks like that which are pending for a month now. Hope I too start on them soon.

Day 8: 30/11
    This quote summarizes my condition best for the last few days. Hope the aches and pain ends soon and I get back to normal life.

better-days-perfect-blessed.jpg

9. manshreya

manshreya Senior IL'ite

Day 2 - Finally organised a successful potluck n playdate for my DD after procastinating for a long time.The smiles n giggles that we got to hear were precious.......
    Day 3 - So excited with the playdate success that DD alread planning for the next one.. so together we planned it with her valuable inputs n ideas...feeling so happy for spending time n listening to her...

2 people like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Got to know my convection oven. Tried out all the oven mitts gathered over the years.

Got out thumb tacks and hung some on the wall. Now my kitchen looks like Marie's from Everybody loves Raymond. :)

5 people like this.