100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 57:
    06-11-2021 :
    An impromptu meet up with two close friends in apartment. Evening well spent with lot of good talks and good food

Day 58:
    07-11-2021:
    Diwali kept me busy. I wasn't sitting for completing my assignment. I did sit a couple of times n finished 2/50 (1 each day) tasks.
    On Sunday: woke up early finished all 50 tasks sitting for 2 hrs before my lil one woke n submitted the assignment n got a reply from "great effort A".

messedup, Gauri03 and Anisu like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

At my son's school students can choose Mathcounts as an elective during which they train for the competition and solve fun math puzzles. The class is a mix of 6th through 8th graders. This year the regular math teacher had to take time off to recover from knee surgery. The principal asked if I could teach the elective until the teacher returns. I decided it would be fun to hang out with a bunch of bright mathy kids a couple of times a week, and have been teaching since early October. With the upcoming holidays I have about 4 weeks left with these kids. Today I was going over my plan for the remaining four weeks and I said, "After that, Mr B will return and start topic X with you guys." At first they were quiet, then a little girl piped up, "Umm, isn't there, like, some other class he could teach?" When I realized what she meant I looked at her with fake shock mixed with amusement. She said, "But he doesn't explain things like you!" Slowly the rest of them started to chime in. All in all I got a pretty solid vote of approval from my little students. I've been on cloud nine all evening! : )

3. Anusha2917

Day 59: 08-11-2021 :
    Somehow work from home never let's us maintain discipline wrt Finishing the household tasks on time. As husband started going back to work it felt good to start a new routine. :blush: yeah been a few months since I finished up cooking ,loading DW, do all the laundry by 9 am n Sit for my work. Felt good going back to routine. : )

Day 60:
    09-11-2021 :
    The lil one's play date was a hit with her new friends. We mommies enjoyed too.

Day 61:
    10-11-2021:
    I didn't feel so good at the end of the day. Mom with a painful tooth, I was rushing to the dentist in between hectic work and a Troubling toddler who would not settle in the evening all because she was asleep n my phone rang. 40 mins of non stop crying - I was losing it, felt like I was losing my mind. But then instead of losing my cool put a baby carrier, took her our in the breeze . She calmed, my mind calmed.
    Sometimes fresh air is what everyone needs.
    It just made me think every time I am about to lose my temper I should just step out of the house n do some deep breathing.

4. Anusha2917

Day 62:
    11-11-2021 .

I have dancing today whole day. I'm happy. Just like that after a Long long time.
    Started some sports as part of fitness journey. Diwali made us pause. Then the climate is not very supportive here for any outdoor games. Then thought of hitting the gym. Nope was not working out. Timing it was hard.So evening when I put baby to sleep I opened cult app, selected dance fitness program and just danced non stop for 40 mins . Gosh not that I was perfect. I could not catch most of the steps. But I just danced. Felt sooooooo gooooood after so long... I have not been walking in the corridor, I have been dancing n walking. :cheer:

Anisu, messedup and Gauri03 like this.
  5. Anusha2917

Day 63: 12-11-2021 :
    It was hard to stay consistent in the 75 hard challenge. For me entering the challenge is like writing an exam. I need preparation. So right now I'm in preparation stage for facing the exam. Because next time I start the challenge I want to finish it like how Gauri did it.
    I have come up with the tasks. I'm working in it, noting down which task is hard to finish and working extra on that. Yesterday I would rate 4.5 /5 .
    There's one task where I need improvement.
    So focussing on that.
    Soon I'll be entering the exam Hall. Preparations are going good:grin::grin:

Gauri03, NOW and Anisu like this.
  6. Anusha2917

Day 64:
    13-11-2021

Repetition is mother of all skill - Tony Robbins :) if we want to become an expert in something we should repeat the learning process. We can never say "I KNOW IT ALL".
    I have been lucky enough to get some repetition classes of the course I attended earlier this year :) in May when I took course maybe I understood 25% of it. By practice I'm understanding more n improving. But by repeating the class again my understanding has definitely gotten better.
    Thankful to my mentor for giving me an Opportunity to attend this again. :)

Anisu and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Anusha2917

Day 65:
    14-11-2021

If I think what really was the best in the day was : preparing piping hot sambhar, pouring it on the soft, fluffy mini idlis and enjoying the good dinner. Why it feels so good is : mornings are hectic. So no time to enjoy a good dish like this. Afternoon food comes from mom. I do enjoy her food but we have totally different styles of cooking. Dinner we have a cook. He does an amazing job, somehow we get bored with Cook's dinner as there's a lot of repetition. So husband was like make idli and Sambhar. Small happiness when he asks something and then the dish comes out super good and then we enjoy the food.

Anisu, messedup and Gauri03 like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Day 66: 15-11-2021
    I had a chance to yell at the maid in the morning but I didn't. I told as calmly as possible . Like it was an nth repetition of my instruction but I guess she needs few more repetitions until she does the vessels properly without leaving any soap stain.
    Yes having a toddler at home is teaching me PATIENCE.

Day 68: 16-11-2021 :
    Okay the she cup which I brought few months ago finally worked today after trying various folds last few months. It wasn't working for me but I kept trying.
    One more step towards SUSTAINABILITY.

Gauri03 and Anisu like this.
  9. Anusha2917

Day 69 : 17-11-2021:
    Just so busy . Noticed my mobile usage yesterday. Less than 3hrs. Was happy.

Gauri03 and Anisu like this.
  10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I'm interesting to post how some simple things give me smile and sometimes made my day from now on. I may not give full details and don't be regular. Is it okay? @Gauri03

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.