100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Positivity 2.0 Day 5. :
    So I wished for a thing in the morning and bang that wish came true by evening . Didn't expect it so early.
    There was a certain thing which was on my mind to buy for my daughter. I was discussing about that with my sister and started planning finances for that to buy it a few months from now. And to my surprise I got a message from her in the evening that she purchased that thing for my daughter .. :grinning: very quick one it was...

Rihana likes this.
  2. Anusha2917

Positivity 2.0 . Day 6:
    The challenge with this thread is no matter how bad a day goes it forces me to find that one thing which actually went right.
    Amidst the small issues which is going on now in the family I found some positivity when a friend sent across some cookies to enjoy.. I keep getting to eat them frequently but on not so good day it is something which you have always wanted...

Rihana likes this.
  3. Anusha2917

Positivity 2.0 Day 7 : the long pending expenses excel sheet was seeking my attention. Sat through the day downloaded account statements from my multiple bank accounts and updated the sheet. Once I thought of starting stock market thread first thing I wanted to do was update my expenditure to help get a better understanding of cash.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

positivity 2.0 day 8 : Completed a certain volunteer work successfully which I thought I cannot continue post partum. ..

Day 9: H was in pain and needed a medical attention. We have been for each other no matter what. Though he said he will visit the practitioner by himself I couldn't let him go by himself. Planned my day well ,left the little one with my MIL for 5 hrs and took him. He's doing fine and the pain is not what we thought it was.

Day 10 : A new stroller was finalized for the bub. Can't wait to start taking her down in the apartment complex for a small walk. I too will feel refreshed to venture out in the early evenings.

Rihana and radv like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    It is said outings with infants to be avoided during dusk.
    But then, going out with baby in stroller within housing complex - thought itself is a feel good factor.
    God Bless.

Rihana and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. Anusha2917

Screenshot_20210211_120803.jpg
    Lost track in this thread. :sob:
    Anyway today this thing made me vv happy. I have stopped following the news however today as I was returning home in a rick I had some time ,I checked the inshorts app and saw this which made my day. I had done my small small contribution for this girl but then I felt the amount is so so huge and how will the parents raise the funds and one thought about them losing so many crores in tax crossed my mind. So when I saw this I smiled and I silently thanked God and said to him you surely are listening to those millions of people who are praying for this lil one.

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Anusha2917

Positivity 2.0 : day 11 : After confining myself indoors for more than 40 days(social stigma attached to covid) , I ventured out after much insistence from my friends. They were so happy to see that I have started coming out of home. Attended a cake cut party of a close friend and felt I should meet these girls more often.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

The Novartis allocated 50 doses free to certain nations in which India included. This was announced some in dec 19. For one time application ie one shot only the cost in Us itself is phenomenal. There is no convincing answers why a shot cost so much.
    However am happy you did your mite and it must be a comforting news that PM had waived custom duties and GST.
    LET ME JOIN IN PRAYER WITH YOU & others for the little baby to recover completely from this dreaded spinal / motor gene defect.

Yes God is helping the child in his own un-predictable ways.

Anusha2917 and Rihana like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

@Anusha2917 #4014
    :hello:Since lockdown declared on March 23rd 2020, till today my spouse had never gone out of our precinct.

I had to go outdoors only once, that too for handing over life certificate to the bank for where I draw my pension.

But the positive part is my son in law could free himself from his wfh office for about half an hour and drove me (masked) to bank and ensured I wore hand gloves too. When we drove back, another positive part happened. I.e. my daughter & spouse from balcony, instructed bit loudly to discard mask into bin and to leave the chappal outside and our maid sprayed dettol over it: and she sprayed it on my feet too. My spectacles too removed and subjected to detox spray.

My spouse commanded that I remove clothes that I wore and dip it in a large bucket half of it already filled with warm water- few drops of dettol already added. Then she handed over a crisp fresh towel, which I wrapped around my waist, entered home enervated with great sigh of relief.

Some one was playing shehnai in some TV channel .

The wallet containing documents too was left outside in balcony in sunshine.
    Then had head bath under hot & cold shower.

I was exhausted as if I had participated in some relay race.

The entire exercise, reminded me of my return after performing dad’s last rites and dropping his warm-ashes into Bay of Bengal.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Rihana and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

If a woman teased "You sound like a Sartre", and if he retorted, "But you are sexier than Simone de Beauvoir", three points stand out in that flirtation.

He knows Sartre
    He knows his girlfriend.
    He knows the books (the Second Sex) written by her.

And he evidences that in reciprocal flirtation rather than a stuffy discourse.

That, I tell my friends, is a giveaway of the man's interests and woh kya bolthe hai ...charm! Only obliquely, one must study the man! You should see the way my (sensible) friends cackle at my specificity! Tu aur tumhari ..Sartre!

This morning I was reminiscing Rihana's statement in the past. That post lingered on me like no other post.

I feel nice to be living in the progressive times where a woman is empowered to inquire whether the man is bringing convenience or value into her life. People who have been single by choice for too long are the hardest to love, because they have become so used to being happily single, independently fierce, that it takes something extraordinary to convince them that they need you in their life. I just feel wonderful to be living in such daze whereby a woman could provoke the man with the extraordinariness in him. Why you?

...in the backdrop of a hummy song that plays in my imagination each time I converse:

Sun mere humsafar
    Kya tujhe itni si bhi khabar
    Jitni haseen yeh mulaqatein hai
    Unse bhi pyari teri baatein hai
    Baaton mein teri joh kho jaate hai
    Aaun na hosh mein main kabhi

Between those baatein, he might become my Sartre! In those mulaqatein, he beguiles me to confront his erudition.

I feel invincible, as a woman, to be living in such glorious century and modernity where the humsafar comes in personalized sense of togetherness. Because, in this era, a woman can choose how and whom she wants to be influenced by, evaluate whether the sum is better than its parts, and discover in that humsafar a pathway not of dependency or convenience but of distinctive influence, whether such intellectual prosperity is worth the temptation to relinquish singlehood.

Rihana, Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.