100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My heart goes out for those who work so hard to stock the groceries in the store, pharmacy staff not only continuing to provide services but also offering drive-in services for retail items ordered through phone, regulating the distribution of essentials across the entire population, restaurants continuing to allow takeout despite tough economic conditions, the medical professionals working non-stop disregarding the health risk to themselves wearing protective gears longer than the normal time, delivery organizations including USPS delivering packages uninterrupted, the cities and towns staff providing all essential services including garbage collection, etc. shows how much selflessness exist in the humanity. My auto insurance company wrote to me that they are refunding a portion of the premium paid as there are not too many cars on the road. My health insurance company assured us that there won't be any copay for tests and treatments for COVID-19. There is less pollution across the country. I hope this attitude spreads across the entire population instead of the virus.

mangaii, Thyagarajan, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

April 7 Tuesday: A friend dropped off curry leaves from her plant. Heavenly to crush a few leaves and inhale the fragrance. The joy not impacted by social distancing which meant I retrieved the packet a few hours after she dropped them off by the door.

April 8 Wednesday: Cooked 4 dishes in an hour, almost effortlessly like the professionals in cooking videos.

April 9 Thursday: An hour of coloring. Those Prismacolor pencils cost me $70 a while ago, but so worth it.

April 10 Friday: Sunny afternoon. Put up a creative "trellis" for a climber plant with limited supplies available.

3. Rihana

April 11 Saturday: New jasmine plant's first blooms ever.

jasmine.jpg

April 12 Sunday: The menfolk patiently explained to me that, "The number 3 clipper cuts more length of hair than the number 4, not the other way." God bless them, they still trusted me with the clippers and I also didn't disappoint them - the haircuts ended up looking close to professional. :grinning:

4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

The cosmic forces are so foul that of all the wily devils our paths crossed. O giggly! I thought that was only interesting till it became so influential in playfulness and joy that I am challenged to imagine how it was before all this, surely, awesome, so does it make this awemore?! I cannot mute those green-eyed Abhimaan moments crossed in that intellect, that wit, that prank, that wicked charm, and tasteful English to which I cannot even hold a match stick. I want to evolve into something that will intersect your natural flair in everything. How? I don't know. But I do know the cosmic heist would not have had it any other way but you and me in this tug and twist of mutual ascension towards the unconquered. A feeling of fuzz and blush for bringing this in my life. Just feeling warm and cosy today!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Grateful that I had patience and time to fold my clothes and sort them in my closet immediately after coming out of dryer . I hope this habit sticks to me

rachaputi, Rihana, Anusha2917 and 3 others like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Despite the ban enforced by my son from going out, I had to buy a lot from the grocery store that included, laundry supplies, dishwasher supplies, vegetables, juices, fruits, water, milk, bread, liquid soap, sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, etc. I have timed my visit to grocery store in the afternoon around 3 p.m. There were only 10 customers and two cash counters opened. The supply was plenty as they finished stocking all the shelves except the liquid soap and hand sanitizing aisle. I had the patience to take one of my brand new socks and cut them to cover my mouth and nose. I have made two cuts on either side to stretch them to fit into my ears like an elastic band. No one commented on my stupid design of the mask. I fearlessly shopped whatever I needed and came home. I took my own sanitizing wipes with me to clean the handle of the shopping carts even though it is cleaned by the staff regularly. After returning, I cleaned the steering wheel, keys, and door openers and entered the house successfully. I stocked everything inside the house and washed my hands with liquid soap. This is adventurous considering my age bracket and the times we live in. The positivity is coming from courage and faith.

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Watched Crash landing on you - Kdrama on weekend. It has the perfect blend of Romance, Comedy, Actions and definitely a must watch. There was not even a scene which was boring.

The positivity is we are still not able to get out of that drama and when I was almost fell asleep I felt as if my DH came and caressed my hair and spoke sweet words. But I dint wake up as I was still in a dreamland thinking about the sweet lead actors.

Today morning when I asked my DH what happened he said the drama impacted him way too much :relaxed:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    Anusha2917, rachaputi, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Decluttering the kitchen is so relaxing :innocent:
    Throwing away unwanted stuff is the most peaceful thing ever :p
    My Kitchen looks neat and organised now :grinning:
    No wonder many people do this when they are feeling stressed!

9. Rihana

April 13 Monday:
    Cleaned a full-length sliding closet door mirror from top to bottom. Then, found the song Main wohi darpan wohi na jaane yeh kya ho gaya in YouTube as I cleaned the rest of the room. Aarti Mukherjee singing for Sarika in Geet Gata Chal. Always a pleasure to recall the lesser known songs from evergreen films.

April 14 Tuesday:
    Had a second cup of ginger chai just an hour after the first.

10. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

A day filled with emotions (in a very positive way) .
    Little did I realize all these years that to part ways to a 4 year old bond (no it's not a friendship) and to "move on" (for good) is going to make me feel so emotional.
    The best part is receiving a gift while saying a bye, a mug from him which read "Believing is everything ".
    I so wanted to hug , but alas! some relationship have to be remembered without that hug. Couldn't even think of a handshake given the situation of Covid.
    All the way home I was so silent staring at the mug. Something I will remember forever and cherish.

** okay done getting emotional. This had to be expressed in my positivity journey. :smile:

shravs3, Rihana and Gauri03 like this.