100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Met two inspiring women recently. One is an equestrienne in her 60s who rides show horses. She took her first riding lesson at 50 with a Groupon gift card she received from her daughter, and ended up falling in love with riding. Another grew up in a traditional Catholic household and was groomed to be a wife and a mom. She raised a lovely family but realized she was missing something. At 40 she decided to go to law school and retired from a 30 year law career a few years ago. Amazing women, so full of life and energy. A good reminder that it is never too late to dream a new dream.

2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

I left office at around 1. 35 5 min late than my regular time. I realized i may miss my bus. It sometimes comes late but when we r late its always on time. N then next bus is after 40 min. I was so tired n i was praying that i should get this bus. Saw my bus passing n i tried to stop it. N suddenly it stopped n i almost jumped in it. I was so happy. Not everyone is so kind.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

God Has hidden ghee in butter in curd in milk.
    God has created all equal & no brats.
    God always loves His Consort(s) draped in Kanchivaram (silk sarees)
    God loves all menu - tadka with or without mirchi.

Heavenly to see that God's whims, undertakings, moves and gestures are back in their unadulterated glory in Thyagu's @Thyagarajan 's posts. :grinning:

4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A read of this impelled me. to re read and re-re-read your observation which warmed up my heart this early morning and a re look at the GOD quotes lined up ibid welled up my eyes.
    Thank you Sister.
    God bless all the ulogisers.

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  5. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Again year end exams stress :(

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

It was annual gathering at my college. All staff members did fantastic job. Decoration team prize team dance team everyone was very helpful. Function was a hit. All students gave good performances. For first time we got chance to click photos by photographer with students n other staff. Very refreshing experience

Anusha2917, Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

My general complaint was only the seniors volunteer in the Hospice. I was so happy to see a 15 year old girl volunteering in a previous shift. It is so satisfying to see the new generation boldly volunteering in a difficult role and hats off to her. It might be for getting scholarship credit but still she doesn't have to choose transition and patient and family care.

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Greetings of the season for “Holiday Season”.
    Merry Christmas.

In the post mind over matter @Viswamitra discussed about the need to synchronise thought, action and deed. That triggered me to Maharishi’s “I thought” investigation 24x7 & சும்மா இரு just remain calm.
    2. I realise it is Himalayan difficulty to remain calm physically and mentally but practise toward this gives a kind of tranquility. Nandi Bhagwan comes to mind. His duty seemed to remain calm for eternity looking at eashwaran.
    These thoughts are my Positive for the day.

Anusha2917, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello: Whatever begins has to have an end. Bid adieu to the decade ending in a couple of hours.

2. Happy New Year to all followers in this thread and other forums.

3. A friend of mine today arrived from Tirupathi in the morning and handed over twelve sheets calendar brought ou by Thirumala devastanam . A look at each colourful sheet without batting an eyelid is eye full.

4. The lord with His consort appears in inexplicable glory. Highly aesthetic. A best gift to me from the Lord through his special messenger perhaps. A great positive beginning.

Regards.
    God can be in riot of colours even in rainbows of Niagra.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Anusha2917, Gauri03, shravs3 and 2 others like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

In #3910 add the following message:
    Besides wonderful calendar of the year 2020, this friend had handed over to me a devasthanam bag containing two லட்டு lauds. What a blessing to have on new year eve.
    Thanks and Regards.

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.