100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 52: When we feel all the doors are closed from an opportunity point and see darkness everywhere, some ray of light gives us the way. Once such incident today has given us hope. And says, Never give up!!

Thyagarajan, Gauri03, girvani and 8 others like this.
  2. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Really enjoyed todays dinner my fav menu mushroom in red gravy n new fav icecream flavor cookie n cream. Everyone was in good mood while eating a big positive

3. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I have never envisioned myself as someone flipping rigorous literature like Roger Penrose’s “Emperor’s New Mind”, interrupted by Arthur Eddington’s “The Mathematical Theory of Relativity”, jumping to the anthology of oddities in Fadiman’s “Fantasia Mathematica” in the library ... the same day.

It still feels surreal that I am motivatedly and incrementally reading these books, and able to partially understand them, and ascending in my trail of accredited science books.

I am stunned that vagabond intellectuals like Penrose and Eddington have remarkable writing style. I am welling up with emotional surge that such books and writers escaped me in the past. If I could relive my life, I would skip a lot of trash and grandstanding science writing and indulge in such well-articulated and responsible writing to sustain legit science in roving minds.

Positivity: I feel endowed in life for acquiring the critical attitude and unfussy lifestyle and companionable influence to indulge in such idle reading.

Amulet, Gauri03, Paripoorna and 8 others like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 47: Afternoon I was craving for jackfruit. Evening my friend opened a box filled with jackfruit. I’m like :hearteyes::banana::cheer:
    This is not the first time I have faced.
    So many times I used to crave for jackfruit. Without even me asking for it my mom and dad would have already bought for me :relaxed: There is some strong connection between me and jackfruit I believe :grin::yum:

5. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Rebooting life with new goals

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yesterday: Gave in, relaxed the no-sugar-from-tea-coffee ban and had a cup of chai. As it was a precious lightening of the pledge, mindfulness was so present as I brewed the chai, added the ginger, cardamom, watched it boil, poured it out, sat and had it with no phone, tablet, book or company to distract.

Today: Came across the Pray-for-Nesamani memes. : ) Read about its origin and why it is trending now. Some of the memes are so hilarious -- like the one of the Pope praying for him.

mangaii, Anusha2917, Gauri03 and 6 others like this.
  7. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Day 21: My 3 yr old angel, very beautifully sang, 'let it go' from frozen..I was happy seeing her cute expressions..

mangaii, Anusha2917, Gauri03 and 7 others like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

We had a research group visiting from Heriott watt university and I have presented my work to them. It was a boosting experience.
    Boys had a fun run every Thursday and it was the last Thursday, yesterday. Boys have improved their speed and enjoyed it. Thankful!

9. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

A very long chat with a friend which actually made my hand n ear sore but we talked a long list of topics n had a very satisfying conversation.

10. corrosion

corrosion Silver IL'ite

Day 15: A better day, only because of a better attitude.
    I finished my book. I think I need to stick with fiction. Non fiction is too real for me right now and is impacting my mood. It's a good thing to know about self.