100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

DS had his end of year chess tournament at school. Parents are required to volunteer and bring snacks. The first year I brought donuts for the kids and they were a hit. It turned into a tradition after that with the chess club looking forward to the donuts come tournament time. Today when I walked in with the donuts the kids started hooting and cheering. One of the mom's came up to me and said we will miss you so much after <my son> graduates. Young man placed second in his age group. : )

Giri12, Anusha2917, cheenu123 and 8 others like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 28: Maggi and rain what a perfect combination :hearteyes:

kaniths, Giri12, Anusha2917 and 5 others like this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

In the morning, my es asked me to give him a toast. I got a bread slice and saw this and that made my day. Hope you could see what I am seeing.

Attached Files:

kaniths, Anusha2917, radv and 3 others like this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Day was filled to the brim with my work and kids activities. I realised taking few deep breaths helps you to have pauses while you are running like a headless chicken.

kaniths, Giri12, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  5. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

An ordinary day filled with everyday kindness.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I received a call from the co-patent owner of my son two days back asking me for some strategy how to make things work with a company that he has 30 years relationship with, to promote their patents. They have been trying to penetrate this account for 6 months. I laid down some ground business rules to them.

1) Even though their patents could be used in 8 different products manufactured by this OEM company with $1 billion in revenues, I asked them to focus on one product to get the foot in the door first.

2) I suggested that himself and my son should develop a prototype of a product and charge engineering fee for developing that themselves

3) After prototype is finished, the product should be demonstrated to the specific division team

4) The OEM should sign a NDA and a non-compete agreement with the patent holders

5) The OEM should agree for a non-binding LOI to market the product if the prototype is successfully demonstrated and agree to negotiate a binding agreement for royalty at a mutually agreeable terms and conditions.

I felt this would make them control their own destiny and give an opportunity to meet the company again with a successful product and introduce their patent into other divisions.

The OEM agreed to all of it and both of them are very happy. They are now asking me to retire and become a full time consultant for them.

Viswa

girvani, Paripoorna, Giri12 and 2 others like this.
  7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Day 29: DH had prepared yummy pulao and raita. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was ready. The moment I came home first I hit the bed for sometime. What a relaxing feeling!

kaniths, girvani, Paripoorna and 4 others like this.
  8. Paripoorna

Paripoorna Gold IL'ite

Day 37: Today being a weekend, have been able to complete a lot of pending work at home. Feeling relaxed now.

kaniths, girvani, Anusha2917 and 2 others like this.
  9. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Got back to Indusladies, love this website!

shravs3, girvani, Anusha2917 and 3 others like this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

ES’s football match was cancelled. So we all went to see YS’s match he played very well. 7-8 year old started playing 5 a side match and it was brilliant to watch. He scored a goal too. Spoke to my closest friend and a sister. It was emotionally rejuvenating.

Gauri03, Anusha2917, kaniths and 5 others like this.