100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Day 81:Got started with my new role activity and it is first day to new school for my daughter

ashima10, kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

i will write a typo free snippet on typos. soon soon...waiting fr my power of chi!

kaniths likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A weekend to make Goldilocks cross.. everything was close to just right. :)

Family, friends, whatsapp, FB, and everybody conspired, looks like. Watched movies - 'Kingsman' second time, and some more lesser known ones. A friend is going to India to attend 4-5 weddings.. she is a character... will be buying sarees to match blouses she already has...... gave her suggestions on color combinations... she is the kind tailor says 'inke thoda jyaada lagenge' (stitching charges higher) :) so she hangs on to the nicely stitched ones, and gets new sarees to match those.

Marked out a rectangle in the garden where I will plant stuff.... haven't done any gardening in like 3-4 years! There was a time all the 'Container gardening' books from library were lent out to me. Will be ordering plants online.. never did that..... Hopefully, one day I'll be wearing a cheerful yellow dress (from Gap) and tending to my flower-bed too. :)

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for putting a smile on my face on a somewhat bleak day. :) I had ordered Jasmines from a seller on Amazon. Tiny white buds have just started showing up!

Ab mere jyada nahin lagenge!! :D

chillbreeze and Rihana like this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Moderation note:

I've moved a bunch of posts from this thread to 'neurons'. If you find your post missing please check there. I have also deleted posts where content had been removed by the poster. Cleaning up the thread to maintain flow and not lose sight of the purpose of the thread. If anyone has any questions, please PM me.

6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Positive think of the day

There are two members in IL who greatly puzzle me. They are sachitananda and Viswamitra. I've observed that Swots and Viswa gently lend their hand to otherwise orphaned posts. How do they do it ? Unobtrusive yet fond gesture of clicking on "like". When I see them exhibiting this soft i-do-care gesture it reminds me of Ben E King's Stand by me or Bill Wethers Lean on me. How can a token be so magnanimous?

When Klingy and I chat, he abruptly sends embarrased/shy emoji in whatsapp.
    I could not decipher in the beginning what that oopsie blush was all about. Later he explained that pudgy emoji was capable of transmitting all unsaid emotions. That emoji is analogous to all-purpose F-word to bundle competing emotions and sentiments in the form of demure and blushing countenance. I don't know what or how to express but that should be prevent me from conveying how I feel.

What is a "like" in IL? I read it, I like it, I favour it, I don't know what to say, so, you go figure. Nevertheless there's immediate connect established through that singular and reductive act by foregrounding awareness of someone who felt something on reading your post and want to display mild emotion stirred. A lot of "likes" are perfunctory but when I see Viswa and Satchi giving a "like" to a desolate post, I hear Benny and Billy humming in the background in that clickety act.

To moot, a freakish kindergartener sends a emoji with a smile that stretches till eyebrows, it shoots my positometer to new heights.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Rihana, Viswamitra and Gauri03 like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Cimorene,

The word puzzle in your first sentence puzzled me a little bit. I read the whole response carefully more than once to make sure I understood it correctly as appreciation.

There isn't a day pass by without me admiring you. How can a person who has such depth of knowledge and such command over the language yet be so humble? How can she watch simple gestures of an ordinary being and take time to highlight it in such an eloquent way?

In my dictionary, like without any further comment means, "content understood and appreciated with no further value to add".

Positive

A person of great reputation who attracts attention to her foot prints wherever and whenever she posts anything, appreciating an ordinary being's action (i.e. Viswa's and not Satchi's who is another extraordinary being) as extraordinary gesture.

Viswa

Rihana and Gauri03 like this.
  8. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Day 63: 4/4
    A quiet/normal day with lots of work and a deep sleep at the end of the day.

Gauri03 likes this.
  9. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

day 44: had a nice chat chat with colleague....and thank god the the first think in morning . made my stand that i like to be silent in cab during traveling or reading. cant talk wnt talk.

Gauri03 likes this.
  10. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

When Klingy and I step out, I usually carry a handbag the size of a duffel bag that he reckons I can fit into. I'm dense with misplaced self-reliant pride that I don't let him carry my shopping bags. So there's a hangbag the size of army kitbag with other slippery accessories. Moreover these shopping bags are loudly effeminate with pink and neon colors....errh! Cannot they have grey with no schmaltzy motifs when you shop giggly hairclips, eh?

He probes, "Are you okay? Do you want me to help you"?
    I bristle. "Can carry boatloads of such weightlessness" (while my feet are hurting, my shoulder is snapped, and a spine hunched like a cantilever.)

He shrugs a flippant huho.

Need a Plan! Swollen pride, cannot flip and say, "I'd love you to carry". One day while watching telly, I text him, "Bab, it is okay for you to carry shopping bags, in few places they do it all the time. Silly me!" He sniffs me like a seasoned hound, "Well they hardly weigh on you right. You swing them like features in zero-gravity. How emasculating if I were lend a finger! My Lady Love will feel uneasy".

"No, no, it is a cultural thingy, customary"

I send him a picture

HoldingBag.jpg

Positive thought: Never let your pride take over your common sense. If a man offers to carry your bags, dump everything on me, jump on him and bid to carry you home. Now if you excuse me, need to discover a place where girlfriends who wobble in 6-inch squeaky heels are given a piggy-ride home.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.