100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

(45 days ago)

"Captain, we lost connect aboard U.S.S Rihana"
    "Damn it! Try all channels, wireless, telegraph, note-in-bottle"
    "I need to pass a very important message. Bring the back-up communication relay. We need to contact her.
    "I'm afraid our relay station has lost power as part of evacuation countdown"
    "Please do something. I don't want another cliffhanger"

(Present day)

Cimor: "Diomira, Olina?"
    Cimor: "Zenobia, Maurilia"
    Cimor: "Subbalakshmi , Anantakamakshi, Vajradanti"
    Cimor: "Pippi Longstocking, Moomin?"
    Cimor: "GirlInFlame, GirlInTransit, GirlInBicycle, GirlOverboard"
    Cimor: Cimorene
    Jury: Duh-uh! OK (gestures: so-so)
    Cimor: Huh!

That is all it takes to reincarnate. Nothing more, nothing less and we take off from where we left off ..

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Gauri! And to Gauri Jr, too! :)

Gauri03 likes this.
  3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Spring cleaning time in Casa Amica. We emptied closets, put some stuff back, donated the rest. I'm exhausted but feel so good. :)

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I need to learn a lot from you to get that mojo. The fee I can pay is to teach you how to make towel twisted into animal shape (thanks to Facebook) and buy some mints you can use in future. I am going to host a few of my own in July right after my hurried one week trip to India. I also have some planned kitchen remodeling. I am going to practice some smile besides in groupfies.

Viswa

Rihana likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

My friend's son is getting married in July in Chennai and I am planning to attend. My son knows his son too and I casually asked him whether he would like to go to Chennai to attend and to my pleasant surprise he agreed right away. I consider this as a good sign from him. :)

Viswa

justanothergirl, Amica and Gauri03 like this.
  6. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Day started with teaching, then much needed retail therapy, nap and a musical evening at the temple. As I was coming home counting the positivities a car blinked its headlights and then another and the whole town did that. Was wondering why do everyone had to put blinkers and even passed a cop car. Realised after reaching home it was my car headlights. They were not turned on. Oh God thanks for saving all.

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This quote from Benjamin Button is my positivity of the day. The only limits holding you back are the ones you create in your mind. Every new day is a fresh opportunity to start again.

"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." -Benjamin Button

8. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

DD performed her first dance recital today.. Was sitting thru all the other performances too.. Beautiful moment. The whole auditorium was reverberating with the sound of bells.. Hah !!

justanothergirl, Gauri03 and Rihana like this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Too many positives to list...but shall attempt to log. Went for a long walk with DH ...we hadnt done that in a loooooong time. On the way back .passed through a neighborhood school. There were dozens of 5-8 yr olds on the soccer flied in green and orange. We paused and watched the kiddos. and the eager parents cheering . .....a beautiful sight. It wasnt very long ago my own Peles were on the field...brought back many wonderful memories..!

Amica, Viswamitra, Cimorene and 2 others like this.
  10. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Posithink of the day:

You wake up, crawl out of your bed, grinning how lucky you're to be born a century after the founding feminists rallied to fight for equal rights in suffragette movement followed by second wave of feminists galvanized by Simon De Beauvoir's Second Sex and Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique; you pour milk, stir honey realizing how blessed you are to experience the virulence of racial segregation in text books or flipping Du Bois's Souls of the Black Folks but not in the cafeteria where you share your nachos; you time the microwave humming how fortunate you're to be fostered in a generation where televisions and computers were the order of the day ushering in modernized and blending learning into our homes; you sip the milk browsing the news feed trending on 'Tesla's Model 3 launch' and marvel how easy it is to find like-minded enthusiasts miles away with a swish on a tablet.

If this ain't living in the best of the times, I don't know what is ...
    A peep down history to recognize that we've come a long way to advance and refine our social and cultural consciousness whereupon another long and uncertain walk awaits us ahead.

March.jpg

Ruth Bridges.jpg

TV.jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    vaikhari, Gauri03 and Viswamitra like this.