1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

10 tips for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by MythiliMurali, Feb 23, 2008.

1. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

hi kailashwathi
    my suggestion is don't postpone ur hungry.eat whatever u want(with low fat) whenever u feel hungry but concentrate on what u r eating.must have control on what u r eating.And one more thing is intead of walking weekly thrice for 1 hr,walk 20 min. after every meal.this makes u feel active.
    I will tell u what i did when i am studying to reduce my weight.
    I have determination at that time.
    In the moring I drank lemon water with honey.
    then did some bending excercises.(10-15 min.)
    ate 1 or 2 chapathi with lot of leafy veg dal with more leaves,less dal + without doing pope+glass milk
    went to college.GRADUALLY reduced my lunch box size so that at the end even for 1 cup of rice i didn't feel hungry.(again more curry & if possible no pope)
    In the evening any juice/light snack/early intake of rice.then 1/2 hr walking.
    If i take any sweet or chicken (my fav's but consumed little amount) in my diet,increased walking time.
    I never thought that i am doing dieting as I never restricted myself in eating favs.almost in 1-1/2 month i reduced my weight to 6-8 kgs.
    regards

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Mythili, since I going to start my exercise program,your tips r very useful,thanks again.

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

i have been watching my food intake as well as hitting gym regularly, to shed off those extra kilos gained during my pregnancy. i would agree with all Il's suggestion to watch out for the Portions which we consume . Reducing the Portion intake does defn help in loosing weight .....:hiya.

Also i would like to add one more point ... that would be to watch out on oil intake as well . Fried items are big No...No ,but even i would say u gotta measure to measure the oil that goes into TADKA for Sabjis as well as dhal.

Cheers
    vaidehi

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi Kailashwathi

Dear.....very nice to see ur rotuine.and its very happy to see that u r not tempted very soon.ver y nice of u.........but dont starve/dont postpone ur meal.......have smaller qty in regular intervals.............inc high fibre abd rich diet in ur meal..........

Main thing........is u can hit nicely for Breafasr and lunch but for dinner..u shld have very less diet.........have u not heard....EAT LIKE PRINCE IN THE MORNING AND LIKE KING FOR THE LUNCH and like BEGGER IN THE NI8...........dont have any big meal after 6........if u like to have ur full meal try to hit it b4 6.believe me.......IT WILL DEFINITELY WORK OUT............if u r still hungry u can have buttermilk or some salads in the ni8.........try this........

5. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am not a great expert in weight loss - but I feel u r not eating enough. This wont make u lose weight. I think the key is to eat enough and eat health and regularly..Cut on tht murukku bit, and have 2 rotis with sabzi or rice with little sambar + curd. Also try and split ur meals into 5 small meals a day. And, pls eat in time.

6. goldenangel

goldenangel Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Nice thread .Iam reading it every day and I enjoy it
    Bye

7. janaki70

janaki70 New IL'ite

Nice thread. Thank u very much for yr tips.
    Janaki

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Mythili Murali

And.iam started folowing ur tips....i will have too much coffee ..and now hav reduced that to 3.......

Thank u.........

9. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

Thanks forthe Practical Tips for losing weight

Sasirekha

10. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the useful info. Cutting down coffee is what lacking in my diet. here onwards i will limit my coffee intake.

Thanks
    keerthi