1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

10 months. Old with diarrhea.

Discussion in 'Infants' started by yourlittleworld, Mar 9, 2013.

1. yourlittleworld

yourlittleworld New IL'ite

Hi,
    My 10 month old had watery motions (diarrhea? though the dic dint mention so) for last 1 week. For first 2 days 6 motions, next 2 days 4, next 2 days 2-3 motions. No vomitings except when i forcefully give her medicines. She was already on solids. Banana, cereal, apple was her diet. She stopped taking solids since last 5 days. Now she is not taking any other liquids also. We did stool test she has small infection. She is refusing medicines solids liquids, when i force her to eat she vomits. She is only on breast milk now which i dont hav enough supply as she used to take 3 solid meals a day .

My worry now is how can i make her to eat. She dint fee since last 18 hrs. She is active playing crying and doing all her normal things except dint pee since 18 hours. I know she is not taking enough fluids thats why how can i give her fluids and make her to pee. She was born in US but its been 7 months we r here in india.

Your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Looks like your LO is getting dehydrated. Are you giving the electrolyte solution? My DD would not drink it if mixed with water. I just gave her the powder directly. Paed said that was ok too. Have you tried giving water/other liquids in spoon. You need not give the usual quantity. Just 2 spoons every 20 minutes or so. That way little by little something is going inside.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

If this is due to teething then you give him Calc phos-30 a homeopathic medicine best for teething trouble. It will take care of loose stools too. Visit some homeo store and buy SBL's teething trouble pills for everyday use until your daghter completes 2yrs. It really helps a lot. Like you mentioned your daughter is 10months.. so diarrhoea many not be due to teething. Litl=tle infection is there.. at this age baby's start putting everything in their mouth. You can find Dr. Reddy's electrolyte for kids which is orange flavored try to give that. keep her hudrated. Try your best to provide her with enough liquid and cut all dairy products until she comes out of this problem.