1 Missed Abortion, 1 Ectopic

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Smigush, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Smigush

Smigush New IL'ite

i was diagonised with thyroid and pcod in 2012. we started to plan a baby 2 years after that. i was taking glycomet 500 mg twice a day along with my thyroid medicines but couldnt get pregnant. and then i was asked to take siphene and dyphestone and conceived the next month. there was a heartbeat in the first 6th week scan but second scan 10th week they couldnt find one and the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. i had to abort the baby. the doctor asked us to wait for 6 months and try again. this time even siphene dyphestone didnt work. so i was asked to undergo follicular scan and take hcg injection on the ovulation day. i conceived the next month but it was a ectopic pregnancy with slow rising hcg and brown spotting. the doctor gave me 3 methotrexate shots and the preganancy dissolved with it. its been 7 months after this but i still have occasiional pain on my ectopic side. please help anyone else also undergoing the same? also what are the chances of my conceiving successfully again?

2. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

take good care of yourself. I had a spontaneous abortion two years back and ectopic pregnancy last year. had a D&C too. Have take break since then. Did you check if you beta hcg has come to zero after removal of the ectopic pregnancy? Speak to your gynec regarding the pain on the ectopic side. Kindly dont ignore it. Please eat well and take care. Love and prayers

3. Smigush

Smigush New IL'ite

Thank you for the support. i have spoken to me gynec and they say its normal. i had taken a break for sometime... but the age pressure is adding up.i will be 31 this year. so considering to start planning again. did you undergo a HCG test after your ectopic.? My gynec has suggested it. I am thinking if it is really worth getting it done.

4. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

@Smigush - I dont have personal experience in ectopic... Just have a routine ultrasound done,and also there is no harm in getting a hcg test done. It wil be helpful to see there is no remaining product of conception.. Its a simple blood test thats all .if this pain persists, urge your doctor to take ur ultrasound and hcg..It will give you peace of mind..and then u don't have to keep worrying about it in the back of your mind while TTC.
    All the best ..tc

5. Smigush

Smigush New IL'ite

Sorry.. it was a typo... the name of the test is HSG... its a dye test wherein they passa dye inside your uterus and take x ray shots of it. read it on the internet... sounds really scary. wanted to check if anyone else here has got it done ?

6. hoping4amiracle

hoping4amiracle Gold IL'ite

Yes I have done HSG. Its a normal procedure while doing fertility treatment. Its actually not so scary.. Takes around 5-30 mins.. I had no pain ..for many ppl it is easy,my uterus was tilted so junior doctor couldnt send the dye through,so took time ..You won't feel anything when they put the dye and during the xray. The only uncomfortable thing is they wil put a small instrument through the private part and then insert a thin tube through which they pass the dye. In google that instrument called speculum may look scary to u but in actual it didn't pain at all. Some ppl feel little pain after the procedure or if they have tube block..but a painkiller is given and you wil be fine .
    Go for it.. And get the tube checked.. For many ppl it even clears little dirt or adhesions in the tube,so pregnancy chances r more for 3 mnths after u do HSG

7. Smigush

Smigush New IL'ite

A new update... My periods were late this month LMP being 3Rd January... Was doing a HPT but negative and one blood test which was also negative... Spotted brown a little on Sunday... And did a blood test again on Monday and it was positive with HCG being 112... Now my gynecology has asked me to wait till tomorrow evening and repeat the blood test and take lot of rest
    .. No bleeding after that... I am really confused.. I was 55 days late on a period and all the time my blood tests were negative... Only on Monday it was positive... Also because of my previous history of ectopic scared that this would also turn out to be the same.

8. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

My sincere prayers for you to have a happy and healthy pregnancy in this cycle dear.