1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

04 Months Old Baby! Query About Dark Complexion n Hair On Forehead

Discussion in 'Infants' started by dilnaz, Jun 7, 2010.

1. dilnaz

dilnaz New IL'ite

Hello Dear Friends

Can any body solve my query / worry, my 04 months old baby having minor hairs on cheeks and on forehead too, I consult with pedia they said doesn’t matter it will clear after some time but I am not satisfied what shall I do ? and also her complexion is slightly dark is there any home remedy ???

Regards

2. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear dilnaz,
    the hair u see is called lanugo, do not worry they will reduce over a period of time,and finally go away.

about baby's complexion, this has been discussed before..in some other thread

the persons complexion is determined only and only by the melanin in her/his skin... i do not believe any home remedies can make a baby fair or dark.these things are genetically determined and better left at that...

my 2 cents.

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I agree 100% with Poonam...Complexion is determined by the genes and there is nothing much you can do to make the baby fair.

Babies need not be fair to be cute...It is a very wrong misconception in India that only fair babies are cute...

So keep aside all the thoughts and enjoy your baby..

4. dilnaz

dilnaz New IL'ite

plz plz plz help me

Can any body solve my query i am so worry about my 04 months old baby she having to much hairs on forehead and cheeks on and also her complexion is slightly dark is there any home remedy ???

5. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Re: plz plz plz help me

Dear

My sister's DD had the same probs..... my mum used to put channa atta ( chickpeas powder - kadala mavu) mixed with turmeric powder ( haldi - Kasturi manjal podi) and massage and give bath.
    Within 3 months her facial and body hairs went off.

Why cann't you try?

regards
    Mrs.N

6. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

Re: plz plz plz help me

same was with my daughter, i used to give her massage and and used to rub mixture of wheat flour and water little tight dough with baby oil ...all of hair gone which were on cheeks,ears and now she has light hair on forehead.she is 2 yrs old at present.