1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Your Religion? Money!” – The Lamentations of An Accountant!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jun 19, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,
    After seeing your fb, I read the whole piece once again. You made me think of the Creator once more and shed tears for him.
    I was moved by the way you put teasers to God and cried when I knew how he solved them in His own way.
    He dispenses Grace constantly. When we are able to understand that it's happiness. Our failure to understand that is our sorrow.

If Chithra did the indexing it was you who brought out second and subsequent editions of all my previous posts. Thanks for all that, Kamal. When you have your drinks today, and when you feel totally relaxed and happy please do think of me. For to live in a happy and content man's thought is equivalent to living in the holiest of temples in this world.
    love,

2. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar..

A wonderful post which left me speechless tears rolling !!!

You have so well narrated the incidents that happenend between you and God..

I have so many like this in my life Sri...

I and my sister in our childhood..when watching "Oliyum Oliyum " If the power suddenly goes off.. we start praying and also commading GOD that power should be back before we count ten... We were just 10 and 7 years...My mom use to scold us for ordering GOD :) But you know...Whenever we do this the power comes back before we count 10 ..I cannot forget that incident till date:)

I was terribly upset when I missed my Medical college seat by 0.50 marks... Everybody in my family knew that Im basically scared and less tolerable girl.Medicine will not be a apt proffession for me.. but I was just crazy thinking about the white coat,stetch,... all things.. I really dont know for how many months I cried for not getting medicine...

But now God has blessed me with a good and peaceful life ..I dont know whether i would have been like this if i have done medicine also ..:) God knows what to do....

Even couple of months before.... God gave a great trauma for my sister's family ,What else we can do other than falling under her feet...

She might be the happiest person in the world now....God has solved everything peacfully....

I can add on like this Better I 'll stop here...I have experienced a lot like this and I'm Greatful :bowdownto god each moment of my life !!!

I and my family dont ask LORD anything..we always thank her for what all she has blessed us....I ll stop with this....I ll go on writing about the love I have on her and the blessings she had showered on me :)

Thankyou very much for this post :bowdown Sridhar !!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindha,

It is nice to see you in this long forgotten forum. God is playful. He is loving. He loves to play games with us.

Only yesterday my teacher told me that to attain God there are no other means. You cannot have a means other than God to reach Her. SHE is the journey, and SHE is the way. SHE is the means and SHE is the end.

Whatever you say about God, or for that matter, anybody says about God, sends shivers to me. SHE is in eternal love with us. And we realise that love only once in a blue moon when the world goes our way.

Brindha, since you are so much interested in God, I'll give you a simple homework.
    There was this thread "What To Pray For" which was started by a lady called Puja. I don't know where she is.

Please search that thread and read what we all have written there.
    And you will be surprised to know that my responses in that thread became a starting point of my book on God and Religion which after two years of waiting is going to see the light of the world in a few months.
    Thanks Brindha for making me relive the time I wrote this thread.
    love,