“Today is a good day”...a step towards positive thinking

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Pankajini, May 22, 2010.

1. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

You wake up in the morning, open your eyes and possibly think, “I need coffee or Tea". Afterwards you proceed to get ready for your day, whatever your routine is the first thing in the morning, hustling and bustling trying to either get to work, or get up and get the kids ready for school, whatever your agenda entails for that day, somewhere in your subconscious mind, you have already seeded the thought for the day “today is a good day or a bad day”. At that moment, of that thought, your day begins…

But wait can you recognize someone? The only one, unlike you, is full of optimism, happiness and cheerfulness….YES; it’s our inner being determined always to have a GOOD DAY!!!!

I believe “Every day may not be good, but there's something good in everyday” and with this intention, I am initiating the thread “Today is a good day” and want all my ILs friends to nurture this positive thought by sharing the smallest good thing that made them happy (even if it was for a while) for that day.

If Attitudes are contagious... as quoted by Dennis and Wendy Mannering, then I bet positive attitude of yours is worth catching up….

2. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I will start the first post...

A positive thought of starting this thread made my day "Good day":)

3. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Hurray today I could make good idli's, achievement for the day:mrgreen: and as a bonus I am going for a long drive with my husband in this romantic weather...:cool2:

4. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Pankajini, great thread, I would say:thumbsup.

It is full of positive energy. I think those who write about depression/boredom etc in "h4 ladies" forum should read this thread. Many are so much into the habit of complaining about their 'visa' and depression but never want to do anything about it.

Anyway,coming to the thread, guess what I did today? I put up a time table for my GMAT study:yes:. I am studying for about a month now but never had a proper schedule:crazy. I decided to write a schedule and stick to it. Earlier I used to study when I felt like and that resulted is some wastage of time. I used to sit to study and after 20 minutes I would wonder if I should start to cook dinner:hide: or some such responsibilities. This did not allow me to concentrate for long periods. Now, I hopefully can concentrate. I have left a specific time for IL too:) to make sure I get some time daily/regularly for IL.

Hope you enjoy your drive ;-).

Thanks again for starting this thread. I hope to post frequently here.

5. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Hey Neha I am very happy to see your post :-o and thanks for your support and appreciation....That's all what one needs to come up with good ideas...:)

Awesome!!! That's the spirit....I feel I should also make a strict timetable as unable to concentrate for longer time.

Thanks (I love going for long drives) and excited to mention that one more thing which made my day is "UR SUPPORT":thankyou2:

6. pranam

pranam Senior IL'ite

Nice Thread Pankajini.

I am drawn to positive energies as well and feel very positive in this forum.

The H-4 is a difficult visa and everybody is different.Each one would have their own way of dealing with it and coming out of the depression cycle.For some it takes a little longer but I am sure everybody learns how to deal with it eventually.

I have my finals in 4 days and I'm determined to achieve my target today as well :)..So no more IL for the next 4 days hopefully Ha !

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Pankajini, truly a positive thread with a nice tone to it. You are so right, without even realising we set the tone for the day as soon as we wake up. I had this displayed on my desk in India while working and your thread reminded of it. Here it goes - An optimist wakes up in the morning and says "Good morning, God" while a pessimist on waking up says "Good God, morning!!!".

In the spirit of the positivity and optimism going on, here's my high light for the day - to see my 3 year old DD wear anklets (for the first time, after she learnt to say NO) and run and prance around - what a delight to watch her.

8. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your kind words:)

9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Yes, all of us come out of it but we need to realize that we SHOULD come out of depression!!!

Good Luck,pranam:thumbsup..do come back and post when you have finished with exams.

10. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Well said...
    I'm going to keep this in mind:)