1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“The human heart has ever dreamed of a fairer world than the one it knows.”- Carleton

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Sep 19, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

[h=1]I believe in karma, what you give is what you get returned. I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned. I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side. I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye.[/h]

Human mind always compares with others and feel that the other person is much better than themselves. But unless we are in their shoes we wont know what problems they are having. From outside we cant understand their problems. We should accept and appreciate the things and people we have in our life. We must be having the best than the others but sometimes we dont know that and think that the other person has better and living better. If we are satisfied with whatever we have then we wont compare with others and be happy and contented with whatever we have. Thus in the process of trying to achieve something better one may end up losing what they have.
    \
    People who are living away from children miss their children and feel unhappy and think those who are living with children and grandchildren are better off. But those who are living in a big family feel the other person is more happy.

Man is never satisfied and always wants what others have . I always feel when I see others problems that I am far better off in my life. But being a human being I also feel sometimes low. When everyday is the same feel like having some change. No doubt I get change by going out for Poojas , functions etc. Earlier I felt happy being on line but since few days not enjoying that too

Be thankful for the bad things in life f0r they opened your eyes to the good things you weren’t paying attention to before .
    .The positive thinker sees the invisible ,
    feels the intangible and achieves the impossible .

2. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Re: “The human heart has ever dreamed of a fairer world than the one it knows.”- Carl

So true Vijima what you said...

1 person likes this.
  3. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Re: “The human heart has ever dreamed of a fairer world than the one it knows.”- Carl

Very true Ma'am.. I too have felt the same many a times :)

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    You have taken a valuable topic for discussion.
    Every one of us, at some point of time would have felt the desire for the other greener side.
    There is an old joke that goes something like this: neurotics are those who build castles in the sky, psychotics move in to them, and psychoanalysts charge them rent!
    Like all good jokes, there is a strange kind of truth in it. The joke reflects the idea that many troubles of the mind involve turning away from reality by being preoccupied with the search for another life, a different life, perhaps a seemingly better life somewhere else. Psychoanalysts have job security because we have an understanding that the only way to find mental health is to turn toward the life that you have and to deal with it.
    Buddha was totally correct when he said that the way to happiness is actually quite simple; the secret is to learn to want what you have and not want what you don't have.
    My sister felt very bad when she had 4 daughters and no sons.
    But she has given all daughters in marraige and seem to lead a carefree life in her old age.
    But the other sister with sons had more responsibilities to look after the children of working DIL and other conflicts.
    My friend's house was next to Ayodhya mandapam in Chennai. Many friends and her own sisters used to envy her that she could straightaway listen to all the discourses, poojas and Homams and attend the best concerts from her own terrace, ;No need to travel etc etc.
    But her version was totally different. Both her sons could not concentrate on studies, there were some weddings going on,Loud Nadaswarams , Janavasa processions,oonjal and other distractions at the front yard, mamis in Kanchivaram silks and dazzling diamonds walking along her house -- a great distraction for children and they were unable to concentrate.
    More than anything else the big garbage box always flooded with banana leaves, disgusting stinking smell emanating from the decaying food, beggars and dogs going round and round the garbage seeking something to fill their hungry stomachs and some noisy quarrels from the marriage party or the contractors or sometimes noisy scenes due to the last minute stoppage of the wedding,police interference and so on.
    The children became gossipy and talked about in fights in the marriage hall.
    A time came when she decided to sell away her in-laws' ancestral home for a moderate price and shifted to a calm distant locality.Many chided her for foolish decision, but she didn't regret. Both her sons are IITians and have settled well.

A fine example of moving towards the other pasture which may not be so green for others' eyes.A great wise decision.Sometimes -MORE is not what is needed.

Troubles in life come when we believe the myth that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. We are taken over by envy believing that other people have the good stuff and then feeling depressed, anxious, and persecuted by the belief that we have so little. We are taken over by greed, wanting more and more and more, feeling that what we have cannot ever be enough.
    The reason why this attitude undermines mental health is that it leads us to turn away from the main task of life which is to make the most of what we have. By denying the goodness of our very own lives, we believe that we have nothing good to work with nor the capacity to work with it. We lose focus, self-confidence, and hope.
    Psychoanalysts spend a lot of time trying to help their patients re-orient themselves to dealing with the life that they have. At first, this can feel very deflating. We must bust the myth that we can have someone else's life, someone else's castle, someone else's lawn.
    No, we only have our own. But that is the pivotal spot. If we can accept reality for what it is, we have the chance to develop it, to improve it, and to grow it.
    Thank you Viji for the wonderful lawn you have grown in our minds.

Jayasala42

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Scorpio for making myday with your first fb, glad you liked it

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Meera dear glad to know you liked the post

7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

As some one from IL said, Every day we need to thank God because we are not born in Syria, Somalia or Israel... Sorry no harsh feelings for the people there.

But the way they fight with each other and kill themselves ( esp small children) cant help saying this...

We are really lucky be to sitting safe at our office (oopsssssssssss. home) and reading IL at this moment.Think of the others....... God please help them too..

They also deserve a better life... loka samasta sukhino bhavantu

kalpavriksham likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear I have no words to praise you for your wonderful feedback. Its always interesting to read your threads and feedbacks which is full of knowledge. Thanks for sharing about your sister and friend.

True we dont know how happy we are compared to others and only when we know about what they are going through we realise that we are the happiest in the world.

Between my sister and me also , she has a big house fully furnsihed . She has only one son with two grand children. Though she has all the comforts she does not take much rest and always doing something or other and always busy. She has health problems also but does not worry about it , also her husband is 81 yrs old and she has to take care of hm too because he has health problems. Since the dil is going to work and holding a responsbile job she has to take care of the grand chidlren. But she is happy looking after the family ad does everything perfect. Hats off to her. Though I have three children all are abroad and only me and my husband are there. So not muchwork. My husband is very economic and likes to lead a simple life and so I have also got adjusted to his way of living.

We should be happy in whatever we have and never compare our life with others then we can live a happy and peaceful life

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Vani dear we are lucky to lead a good life compared to others

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @sindmani for giving like to many of my threads.It would be more better if you give feedback when u get time. When I saw 10 alerts I was very happy but a little disappointed when I saw it was only likes.anyway thanks for taking time to give likes

sindmani likes this.