1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“The blessed supportive force”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Mar 3, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]"A life with [FONT=&quot](for ?) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]my father"

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    We choose many things in life as we grow up. The range is enormous, that, given a choice, we would spend our lifetime of ours to sit to think what fits us the best, what is our favorite, rather what should be our favorite, why is it so, so on and so forthbonk. The constant phenomenon to wonder about nature and its child: life; is “change”. Change is inevitable; without which challenges cannot be defined, hardships cannot reap its true and ultimate fruits, turmoil and sufferings cannot come to an end. Are changes only to change our difficult situations? The answer to be assimilated and well digested is a fair “NO”. Changes assume the two sides of a coin. A change can be for betterment, as well as, for us to go through that difficult situation which warrants a calm and serene composure to solve the riddle. Do we perceive the same kind of feeling while we encounter a thorny, rough cactusand a well blossomed feathery touch flower? Do we realize a rose can shine its way only through the thorns? Can we understand, the road that was (is) less traveled leads (may lead) to the stepping stone in our life? Do we wait with patience to enjoy what Mother Nature has wrapped up for us?

I would say all these are made “very simple”!! Amazed? Astonished? But the fact!! The Almighty has blessed us with his creation who for one takes us through the journey of life by “shouldering” all that he can, just to see us twinkle in the world of joy. Yes, the above said words I attribute to my darling father who had slogged day in and day out for his “princess” :queen (that’s how he addresses when every asked). Going back our memory lane would fill us with tears, but him, with “completeness”.

When we went shopping a day before, I was unable to carry the TNPL copier bundle along with another bag that I hung by my shoulder side. My father also accompanied me and he was to go to college straight after our purchase and I was to return back home. I bid “tata” to my lovely father and could find him walking by my side. I just turned back and said “no problem pa, I can manage, you carry on as it was getting late already”. My father raised goose-bumps in me when he said “you are still a kid for me”. Might seem very simple, but the words strongly ring in my ears and strike my tear glands hard.

The bicycle peddles with and without side stands, the swing in the julha after our rejuvenating morning walks, the hot “verkadala” packets, the long night walks, our chit-chats about my dream bungalow and a spacious room carved graciously out of wood for a fantastic and aesthetic library of his choice, our step ahead on the world environment day to issue hand-outs to the public, the two hour long talks about Lord Krishna and his tales when we sit to dine leaving our hands dry with shooting up amma’s tension, the patient advices and feedbacks when am emotionally unbalanced, our serene talks about nature, almighty and the driving force behind all creations on earth, the yoga and work out tips to stay healthy and fit, the wise decisions during my stream change after tenth and plus two, the Himalayan support when I took my “IIT entrance”, the un-shattering confidence when I appeared for an “architecture aptitude”, the benevolent words that always instill in me a peaceful atmosphere, the hot-flavored cup of tea when I stay late nights for my assignments and project works, the technical support behind my success in all my paper presentations and seminars, the moral booster during my compeering sessions at school and college, the hilarious and “kadi” jokes that loosen my screwed up moments, our first purchase of furniture for “our” flat, the college admission days, the first step at college, till this second of recollecting my memorable shares with the God given “father”……. Tears speak volumes which words fail to achieve. I owe what ever I am to my “appa” and “amma” and being a “darling daughter” I too am much attached to my father!!

Would this be called a tribute to my father? Nay, that would just be an understatement. I would call this “a life with my father”.

I love you pa...

Regards

RamyaVaradharajan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Ramya
    If you keep writing like this I will end up spending my life at the Finest posts thread ?!
    You brought to life the undeniable bond between parent and child and in this case between Father and daughter.
    so very well written and choice words used. I have a feeling your father is more fortunate to have you by his side for you are proving beyond any doubt the high calibre individual you are and will continue to be. keep writing love..

3. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Janani Dear

No.....that was not an understatement.......Your write-up is really a tribute to your father....Bow

May God continue to bless your family always!

Love
    Meena

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ramya,
    You are correct.
    how much we write about our parents, it cannot equal for what did they
    sacrificed for us, so it cannot be a tribute---life with my parents is acceptable.

What I can say is --- dedication----will this be appropriate?

sriniketan

5. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya

Wow:wowmarvellous, wonderful all words are an understatement to the power of your expression.

How beautiful you have woeven all your emotions and feelings for your father. You always make me feel at loss of words in expressing myself after reading your posts.

Truly siad by AC, keep writing so that we keep reading in finest posts of IL

Thanks for complimenting me, its your modesty.

Love
    Ansh

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

6. Jaynat

Jaynat New IL'ite

Dear Ramya

Beautifully written and very true indeed. Parents are the supportive force in all our ventures and their sacrifices, support, encouragement and their "Just being there for us" cannot be summed up in words.

Cheers
    Jay.

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,
    Even before i write a Feedback for this post, i wanted this to get nominated for FP.So did that first and now for the F.B dear.

I was all tears..no words. My dad and mom also had been so supportive and encouraging just like urs and not even a day have to expressed my love for him thru beautiful words like this though i lov them a lot...I'm also dad's darling ...Well dear, u have done it and i'm sure ur dad would be proud of u!

May you be blessed with success and make ur dad feel even more proud.

8. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

What a wonderful and touching writing! I had read it just a few minutes after you had posted it and I was so deeply touched and amazed by your post that I could not think of any words to pen a reply.

Awesome! The sentence "you are still a kid for me" was heart-warming. It touched a raw nerve somehwere and I felt like rushing to my Dad! Although, sitting here oceans apart, I had to be content with just the thought of it :-(.

I really wish I was still a little kid. At the least, I hope I can leave my kids with such wonderful memories of their childhood that keep them warm for years to come..

You are a gifted writer Ramya and what is more, your topics are the "close to heart" kind that are also amazingly varied in their flavor.

Keep it up! I love reading what you write.

SS

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear janani,

A child will always be a kid to the parent however old you get.

A beautiful write up as usual.

As a parent, I know my kids are growing, and can take care of themselves..but sometimes, I am too scared, thinking of them as my babies still...

When Charu says mom take care, please have your heart tablet,before she goes to school every morning, i thank god for his blessings, and at the same time always wonder, how fast time flies....

For me, though my dad was a loving person, he used to push me in on th e deeper side, saying that you have to learn fast...so I never knew when I was a kid and when I was grown up...:spin, but I always knew he was there.

I tell my kids I am there come what may..and they know for sure, that mama is there.. I would like that to continue......

God bless you,to bring in more laurels to your parents........

10. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

My lovely dear Chithu sis :kiss:kiss

Your enthusiasm and support kindles my mind and soul always. Ah.. Ummm.. When my darling sis can enter a land where no man had dared to step in, can't I step in a place that have been stepped in by my sis and shrewd ILites many a time ???? (BowBig LaughBig Laugh)

To be frank enough, only before a couple of minutes I read out my thread to my dear father. That was the reason for the delay in my reply. Kindly bare. I really wanted to ask my father whether this post of mine is worth enough for the Finest Posts (thanking aishu ma'am for the same). I wanted my father to go through the same before I leave in my feedbacks for a dear and near discussion about "our blessed supportive force".

Thank you Chithu sis for having been prompt enough in making your presence felt in all my threads !! It encourages me a lot.

Am left with no words after going through your last line. Now sitting back and thinking about myself whether am worth of all those beautiful words written by the true heart here. (?) I should say, the list of questions go unanswered when self-introspection creeps in.

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan