1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

“Square versus Round”

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Padmasrinivas, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Shan, dear Shan,

Such lovely words coming from one of the great writers of IL... I am really flying high... Thank you so much, Shan dear

Symmetries and things going in parallel, circles and rounds in life ... you have summed it all up so well!

Thanks once again for brightening up a gloomy Bangalore evening, my dear friend...

Love,

Padma

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Padma ma'am.
    Enjoying it with all the fbs..
    Mm...I am back to square one here after making :spin how I am going a give a fb to this blog..hehe..

sriniketan

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma
    That was an interesting observation about Charlton Heston. All mythological characters are supposed to be well built with a minimum of six pack bodies, absolutely bronzed with square jaws, penetrating eyes and what have you! When they wanted someone to portray a Moses or Judah Benhur, they went straight to Charlton Heston. Knowing the demands that might be made on them as mythological heroes, they cultivated a strong body. How could we forget Kirk Douglas as Spartacus, Yul Brynner as Ramses II ?! As a matter of fact, body culture was very much part of their regimen. Even minor characters of mythological films had such wonderfully chiseled bodies.

Indian mythological characters are also depicted in the same way but in films, we show them as highly effeminate characters. NTR as Krishna used to have a nice paunch, heavily made up with false eyelashes, crude lipstick and jewels! They all had jaws which were more round than square!

A wonderful piece Padma. It did make me ramble!
    Sri

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pads,

Now i am straching my round head to think of a square reply to give to u.
    what a blog, my head is still spinning.HAHA

When i think of square, i think of my favourite hollywood actress Salma Hayek, with the squiare jaw and face, and i find her damn sexy.

And i am being fair and square with u when i say, that rounding off the arguments, i loved this blog of yours.:biglaugh

superb.kamal

5. Padmasrinivas

Dear Rani,

How interesting to read about your friend's phobia of eating 'round' food before exams fearing a round '0' in the exams!

So her mom squared up everything, eh? Super-mom, I'd say!

Thanks so much for being here, Rani dear...

Loads of love,
    Padma

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear PadmaS

I quite enjoyed this! From the looks of things, I am surely a very conventional type of person. I like things square, because round is very hard to achieve!
    My rotis are mostly square or rounded square, Dosas are improving to round, Square container sits much more neatly in the refrigerator or cupboard, my dining plates are square, serving platters are square........mmmm.....:)

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Dearest Padma,

Pythagoras and Archimedes would have envied you and turned greener than algae with animosity towards you for imparting mathematical wisdom from domestic altar.

I loved this infotaining post of yours and look forward to more.

By the way , you haven't mentioned if you have gone for the Square or Round containers.

I suspect you want us to make rounds to this post to square our guess with your action.:crazy

8. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Padma,

I have nominated this post as one of the Finest posts of this month and stated the reason for the nomination in DEC nominations thread..

Take care..

9. Padmasrinivas

Dear Lalli,

Yes, I too remember this movie... those days I was a very avid Tamil movie buff...

Oops! Did I make your head spin, Lalli dear? Purely unintentional, I assure you...

Thanks for the sweet words, my friend,

Love,
    Padma

10. Padmasrinivas

Dear Bhargavi,

I am so happy you enjoyed this sudden 'inspired' post!

Just by being here you have filled my heart with joy, dear dear Bhargavi,

Thanks, dear...

Loads of love,

Padma